• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid cases and accessories???

Hi everyone... I have searched around the forum quite a bit, looking for advice and experiences with cases and accessories, and haven't found much... The forum is sure big! Would love some input on this... Looking at otterbox at the moment... Suggestions?

Not familiar with Otterbox. But I've used Seidio cases and accesories and they make good stuff.

seidioonline.com

Reactions: JakeJB
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I purchased the Seidio case since it's the only case that you can use a car dock as well. The Seidio is very thin and adds very little bulk in comparison with most of the cases available. However when I dropped my phone with the case on it protected the phone but the front piece of the case broke. So now I'm naked again. It's a case that looks good, adds litlle bulk and protects the phone but the case itself doesn't hold up well with drops and at $23 a little expensive to replace continually.

Upvote 0
I got one of the shell holster combos that Verizon sells for $30, but is available on Amazon for a fraction of that price. The holster has a rotating clip and I have the versatility of using the case with or without the holster. The one I got has the diagonal square pattern, not the ribbed texture shown in pictures, which I assume means that it's a newer model. That may not be a bad thing as I understand the old model had a couple of additional tabs on the top part of the case that often scratched the slide out keyboard. I like the rubberized texture of the case that makes it less likely to slip. It seems to offer good protection without adding excessive bulk. Keep in mind that any case you use will have to be removed before placing the phone in a Motorola car or charging mount.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have to say once you get used to the extra bulk of a Droid in a case when you hold a naked one it feels so weird and small. When ever I am playing around with it I pop it out of the case for simplicity in case of a battery pull but I have noticed one thing a lot of people don't mention is how hot the phone gets inside certain cases. One of my coworkers had one of the smooth technagel (no idea who made it) cases and after rooting and overclocking his phone would run about 15 degrees warmer than mine running identical settings as soon as he would pop the case off and let it breath it would cool down to about the same temp. just my random .02

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones