• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Charge LED Notification Light

Good luck with that, haha.

Friend of mine works for VZW they had a Motorola rep stop by couple ofdays ago and he had a Bionic with him. Rep didn't say a whole lot other than that it's dual core aprox 1 ghz, 1 gig of RAM, qHD screen pretty much all the info that we already know. Rep also said it's almost ready for release and to expect it towards the end of the next month. (I'd take that w a "bag" of salt but who knows maybe the wait is over)

Upvote 0
Friend of mine works for VZW they had a Motorola rep stop by couple ofdays ago and he had a Bionic with him. Rep didn't say a whole lot other than that it's dual core aprox 1 ghz, 1 gig of RAM, qHD screen pretty much all the info that we already know. Rep also said it's almost ready for release and to expect it towards the end of the next month. (I'd take that w a "bag" of salt but who knows maybe the wait is over)

If that "qHD" display is the same pentile LCD screen of the Droid X2 then that's a major disappointment, do you know anything about the galaxy s II coming to verizon? That one has the hardware specs of the bionic and the screen of the droid Charge, so it looks like a winner.

Upvote 0
I dont get how its a flaw...it should be simple to just pull your phone out, push the power button and see if you have any missed calls or txts or emails..i dnt get how its a flaw...its actually better because now theres now annoying light blinking in your face when your trying to sleep...

OF COURSE it's a flaw!

I work in a very large and VERY loud data center with thousands of fans running all around me. I can't hear when it goes off and because of the vibration of all the fans I rarely feel the phone vibrate. With my older and "less advanced" Droid, I could lay the phone down with my paperwork and be able to glance at it from a distance and know if I had a message without stepping away from my work to push the power button every few minutes.

Yes, that is a very specific need for it and it probably doesn't pertain to the majority of the public, but that is just my biggest need for it. There are also many other circumstances where it is definitely an added benefit to know that I have a message without having to turn on my phone all the time. Anyone who works with their hands can attest to this.

Look, I am not asking for a drink dispenser to be installed on my phone. Mobile phones have had notification lights on them SINCE THEIR INVENTION. Why take that away now???

And frankly, if you don't have enough technical know how to figure out how to turn if off then, well maybe these "fancy electronics" just aren't for you.

Reactions: eristocrat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones