DROID Charge OTA on the wayGeneral

1. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. W_A_Watson_II

W_A_Watson_II Well-Known Member

"Updated UI" most likely equals taking away features to make the Courts/Apple happy.
  3. treb1797

Seriously, I'm surprised this phone is even getting an update. With it not getting ICS ( which is why I moved on to the S3 ) I figured OTA's were a thing of the past for this device.
  4. CRAZYCELL GUY

CRAZYCELL GUY Member

Yeah, all thats going to happen is features will disappear and new bugs will be introduced. Like always. Any how, how you liking that S3? Thinking on upgrading to it.

Over and out
  5. treb1797

Loving the S3 my friend. I figured since I'm going to have to pay full retail from here on out to keep my unlimited data why not get the S3. I loved my DROID Charge as it was a great phone for me personally, but I was just ready for something new. I paid over $700.00 for my S3 32GB w/ tax & all & don't regret it one bit.
  6. Hawk03

Hawk03 Well-Known Member

Received my update last night. I haven't noticed anything on the surface yet. I have received one phone call and it did not have any screeching or static. Hopefully this fixed that issue.
  7. WildH

WildH Well-Known Member

Got it too. Nothing noticeable yet.
    A bit quicker maybe...but otherwise nothing major.
  8. GrammieDroid

GrammieDroid Well-Known Member

On last update I think it was April, I restarted my phone a few times before using. I think I will do that today. My update is downloading now.
  9. WildH

WildH Well-Known Member

Let us know if you think your phone runs smoother. Mine certainly does. It was getting pretty sluggish before.
  10. W_A_Watson_II

Well, mine is stuck in the SAMSUNG Flash on/off mode after the FP5 update self restarted. Now what?

Did a restore back to EP4 with ODIN, and am now re-loading and going through the pain of setting everything back up.
  11. Opticman

Opticman Active Member

I like the new contacts list. the scroll feature is much improved. overall, the phone seems quicker.
  12. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member

I just changed my build.prop file so hopefully my phone doesn't try and get the OTA update.

Kinda wishing now that I hadn't rooted on EP4D so I could get some enhancements (if there is such a thing). :confused:

Just seems like a hassle to go back to stock, lose all my setup for a minimal update. Am I missing something?
  13. WildH

WildH Well-Known Member

No...nothing worth unrooting for.
  14. W_A_Watson_II

I have noticed after FP5 that I now get occasional 4G signal at my house that I never got before. Could be a strange coincidence but it started after I wiped and reloaded my phone and let the updates install. Signal has always been so bat at the ouse for 3G, to get an occasional 4G signal is great.
  15. treb1797

Could be a sign that 4G is not too far away for you on a permanent basis. They could be working on / testing the 4G in your area. It usually starts the way you are speaking of. It's off & on, & then stays on !! So good luck W_A, hopefully this is a good sign of 4G goodness for ya !!
  16. W_A_Watson_II

We've had 4G in Decatur for a little while, but I'm out in the fringe even for 3G, so getting better signal is a plus.
  17. Hawk03

Hawk03 Well-Known Member

I've noticed my phone eats battery a lot quicker and the signal isn't any better and might be slight worse than before the update. I did a hard reset a couple of weeks ago and only installed a few apps I had before so it shouldn't be any app causing the drain.
  18. W_A_Watson_II

Yea battery drain seems higher as well as more apps self launching and running in the background.
  19. Bozz5384

It sounds like this update wasn't very good... big shocker from Big Red. I cannot imagine battery drain getting any worse than it was.. I feel for those of you who got the update.

No word from my wife yet on noticing hers being worse or not. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
  20. Xtensageorge

Xtensageorge Member

The update was to the modems, not the O/S or ROM, so the battery drain should not be worse. One possibility is if you were 3G before, and are now on the border of getting 4G reception post-update. If your phone is toggling back and forth all the time that will eat the battery.

Another possibility is if you're using a custom ROM; not all of them are updated to the FP5 update.
  21. Xtensageorge

Xtensageorge Member

Use Titanium Backup; it will get your setup back with minimal fuss. If you're using a 3rd party launcher, be sure to back up its settings as well.

If EP4D is working for you, no rush to change. But it's not too difficult to get rooted on stock FP1, then update to FP5 (still using stock ROM).
  22. Bozz5384

Thanks... I appreciate the feedback. Since my phone runs alright the way it is I think I'll continue to wait to make a change if/when there is a life-changing update.
  23. Hawk03

Hawk03 Well-Known Member

I've always had a strong 4G signal at home, not so much at work. I switch to CDMA only at work and the battery drains just as quick as if I left on 4G/CDMA mode. I turn the network off, the battery drains quicker than it did before the update.

The squeaking, crackling and popping is still there as well during phone calls.
  24. Bozz5384

I'd flash it back to a previous version then.... kdtech videos on youtube would help guide you on HOW.