Droid ChargeSupport

1. Harsen

Harsen New Member

Is there a way to down load ring tones to my Droid Charge and use that downloaded ring tone a a notification for TEXT messages?
    I have no problem assigning downloaded ring tones to contacts or phone ring tones but those same ring tones are not and option when it come to TEXT notifications

Advertisement
  2. Sintec

Sintec Active Member

I assume you are going to Menu - Settings - Sound Settings - Notification Ringtone. Try downloading Zedge. Whether its a ringtone or text notification, anything you download from there can be used as a ringtone or text notification.
  3. haza12d

haza12d Active Member

I made a folder on my SD card and named it "Notifications." I put all the sounds I use for... notifications in there. :)
  4. Outsider(Avid HustlaZ)

Outsider(Avid HustlaZ) Well-Known Member

Download "ringdroid" with ringdroid you can take mp3 songs and edit them to be used as notifications or ringtones..really the best app out there for what you want to do. Zedge is also good if you want pre-made notifaction tones.
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

^^ This -

You want 3 folders in total - Alarms, Notifications, and Ringtones. Text/e-mail alert sounds go in Notifications. The other two folders are self explanatory (I would think). No need to install any apps for this, unless you want to be able to edit the sounds on the phone.

I personally use Audigy to edit MP3s on my computer, and then copy them over to the appropriate folder on my phone. Examples at Index of /bitpim
  6. New2Droidz

New2Droidz New Member

So, I added the folders and the tones are there. Question is, how do I assign a tone for a text message from a contact and assign a different tone for a phone call from the same contact? I just switched from a blackberry and trying to set my samsung up.
  7. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member

I believe the tone you set in the address book for a contact is the same for text and incoming call... just looked and thats what I see. Personally, I don't change it for anyone in particular though.