1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Droid Comic Viewer: The best Comic viewer on the market. Hands down.

1. jamesjackson

jamesjackson Site Designer

I love comics. I've loved comics since I can remember comics.

The problem for me with comics has always been that they're heavy, they get ruined over time and they are really hard to transport without tearing or ruining them in some other way. I've tried several different "Comic Readers" both inside and outside of Android, and have been disappointed by them all. I even tried reading my comics via PDF.

In the end, I just couldn't do it. It didn't flow like a comic book. Clicking and dragging and zooming and "nexting"... all of it destroyed the immersion factor for me. I couldn't get into the comics that I already knew and loved.

And then I tried Droid Comic Viewer. It's takes everything that's incredible about Android and packs it into the very first comic reader that has ever allowed me to enjoy comics the way they were meant to be. You can pinch to zoom, it supports a wide array of formats and has even replaced my Gallery app in some ways. Instead of scrolling through the pile of photos that Gallery gives me, I can just open up a folder of images and pass between them with Droid Comic Viewer (DCV).

In other words: this app has helped me in ways that the developer could never imagine. I was so immersed with this application that I lost a tear while reading Maus (Art Spiegelman) on it. I showed off the beautiful artwork of Black Hole (Charles Burns) to my friends. I was able to read comics on my phone.

I highly recommend this application to *any* comic enthusiast. I know you wont be disappointed.

Advertisement
  2. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

I just started trying to view comics on my droid x. Black and white comics seem to work fine, but color comics seem to always give me an out of memory error after a page or two.

What is the solution to this? I've downloaded a bunch of digital verswions of my collection, and I'd love to be able to read them on the go.
  3. direz

direz Member

4. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

I've been using ACV for months now.. with the latest version and memory settings, it runs perfectly.
  5. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

I use ACV and liked it except for one problem where it would crash while reading certain comics claiming a possible out of memory error.

Since then I've moved to PerfectViewer which works great (only complaint I have about it is it would be nice if it zoomed to the same level from page to page - small thing though)
  6. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

ACV has a memory setting you need to set properly, also you need to use CBRs. Th ewindows free comic viewer can easily batch convert them if you don't know how.
  7. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I played with the memory setting in the app and it seemed to make no difference. Perfect Viewer just works. I was sick recently and spent 4 days on the couch. I read quite a few comic books and used a few comic book readers in the process. I found Perfect Viewer to be the best.
  8. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

I concur with A.Nonymous. I played with all the settings on ACV, didn't seem to make a difference. PerfectViewer did.

Probably depends on the device you have. In the end if ACV works for you, great - it is a decent program. If not give PerfectViewer a try (heck why not give it a try anyway - its free)