1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General droid command center

1. Johnnyshinta

Johnnyshinta Member

How many people use the command center? I like the look of it but I find it a bit redundant since you can pull the notification bar down and click the quick settings button to access most things.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I used it when I first had the phone - and I think it looks good with the default wallpaper. But several weeks ago I finally changed my wallpaper and the dcc widget just looked terrible with it. I was also tired of watching the widget redraw so frequently when I returned home.

I'll never use zap and there are better ways to see weather and battery status than the dcc widget.
  3. Whatstreet

Whatstreet Well-Known Member

I like the look. It's a good clock, gives a reasonable indication of battery and though the temperature readings may be a little behind I like to flip through the places that interest me.

I gotta have it until I see something better. Show it to me if you got something better.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I use Nova Launcher Prime and it will not load with an alternate launcher. I chose Nova Launcher Prime.

... Thom
    330D likes this.
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I've settled on Android Weather & Clock Widget. It has date and time, weather for your location, battery % left, and a lot more weather info to boot. It doesn't use a lot of battery, either.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devexpert.weather

Attached Files:

6. Johnnyshinta

Johnnyshinta Member

I was using the power widget but that is redundant as well and looks ugly. Switched back to the command center
  7. sybyl

sybyl New Member

The command center was not compatible with BT in my car--it kept turning the BT off. One replacement Droid Maxx later, and three trips to the car dealership, I still had the same problem. As soon as the command center was disabled, BT worked perfectly. I use OneMoreClock widget which gives me battery life, date, time and weather. It doesn't give me the weather in multiple locations, like the Droid Command Center does, but I can live with that.