Droid Constantly Sending Partial Texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by riffdex, Apr 7, 2010.

1. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    It started happening that whenever I send texts, they will arrive as partial texts to the person. A lot of times I will send a short text and the second half of it is completely cut off. When I try to send long texts, my phone will be trying to send it with the little loading icon for basically forever. I end up cancelling the text because I guess it's not sending. It's like my phone is having trouble sending texts but I can make calls fine and can use the 3G network. This makes no sense because I have been using my Droid at my house for 3 months without a problem, and I just went on a trip for the weekend and when I got back, it keeps doing this. My service at my house should not have changed... :thinking: I thought it was a problem with Handcent SMS, so I tried the stock Messaging app and am having the same problems.

Advertisement

2. riffdex

Jan 28, 2010
  3. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    Try a factory restore.

4. riffdex

Jan 28, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking at this point I'll wait for BB 1.0 to be released (I'm under the impression it's coming fairly soon, so I'm willing to wait a little bit), and will install that fresh and see if anything changes. If that does not work, I will try a factory reset. In the mean time, can anyone think of any reason why this might be happening?

EDIT: Wow, just did another google search for my problem and for the first time I may have found the solution.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Messagi...8;jsessionid=F52C26C7F7ABDF33F02A1FD086238DF5

I recently made a signature and it contains a spanish word, with an upside down exclamation mark before it, and a regular exclamation mark after it. I am quite certain at this point this must be the problem, at least from reading that web page. Though I have not had a chance to test it yet, as all of my contacts are asleep :) Will report back later in case anyone else is having a similar problem

5. shizzy1427

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    Im not really sure. At first i was thinking you were one of the less bright members of this forum :p and you were sending messages that are over 160 characters and they were getting cut off lol, but i really dont know, sorry buddy. What ROM are you on now? Im not really sure that BB 1.0 will be out very soon

6. riffdex

Jan 28, 2010
    haha nah man. I'm talkin messages that were like 5 or 6 words. I sent my friend a message "hey what u doin today" and it got to him as "hey what u doi". It seems like most messages would have part of them cut off. >.< Sometimes I could get away with saying "hey" to a friend and the whole message would go through, but other than that I could only get partial messages :) Well right now I'm on the current version of BB (I forget which version, I haven't been keeping up to date w/ development for a few weeks), and I just saw this thread http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/59012-those-waiting-bb-v1-0-good-news.html so assumed BB 1.0 was coming fairly soon. Even if it takes a bit to come out I'm willing to wait because I would hate to factory restore if there's an alternative :) Anyways I changed my signature now and tomorrow (later today, rather) I will be able to text some people and see if it is fixed! Thanks for the help!

7. shizzy1427

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    No prob! Lemme know if you fix it!

8. riffdex

Jan 28, 2010
    I've been texting a lot this morning (I really wanted to test this out, so I texted like 10 people earlier and have been having like 10 conversations all morning haha) and it seems to be fixed. The moral of the story is some characters in a signature will mess up text messages :/ Don't put the spanish upside-down exclamation mark in a signature (and don't put other unusual characters in your sig as well I would say)

9. shizzy1427

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    Hmm i see! Good to know! ;)