Droid Contact Ringtones and Text TonesSupport

Last Updated: 2011-11-23 23:12:07
  1. paladin732

paladin732 New Member

Hi,

Is there a way to set custom ringtones per contact? (for sms and calls)

Also, I tried using Ringo Lite and it never sees my whole contact list, is there a reason for this?

Advertisement
  2. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

I use Ringdroid to make custom tones, and you can assign with in that app. You can also go to the Contacts App -> Contact -> Menu -> Options -> Set Ringtone
  3. Dre77

Dre77 New Member

Is there a way to set custom text notification per contact?
  4. Dre77

Dre77 New Member

nevermind i figured it out, if you want diff text alerts for diff contacts. get the SMS popup app. its a pretty cool app
    jimkramer likes this.
  5. Nevik

Nevik Member

I see where you can assign to people but only email addy's show and only about 1/3 rd of my whole contact list. I dont get it. what to do.
  6. Nevik

Nevik Member

7. audiofx

audiofx Member

I don't want different text tones for different contacts, however it appears there is only notification tone which is used for email/text/plugging in usb. Any app to change this? I want to have a different tone for email then i do for texts etc.
  8. AmberLi

AmberLi Member

You have to open the email app and hit the "menu" button and edit the options.
  9. babygirlpobj

babygirlpobj New Member

motorola has always rang the same custome ringtone for a contact even for texting i can't seem to do that now...any sugestions?
  10. jimkramer

jimkramer New Member

FINALLY!

This is what I have been looking for.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
  11. nv1z

nv1z Member

That works when you use the default contact list. I am using DejaOffice and DejaContacts on a Droid 3. Can't seem to get the phone to recognize the alternate contact list.

Please help.