droid continuously rebooting when usb is connectedSupport

Last Updated:

1. robocop104

robocop104 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble with my droid rebooting continuously, when i try to download the photos to my computer.

So what I am doing is connecting the phone to the computer via USB, so that i can mount the sdcard, but the moment the plug and play is connected. i see the computer recognising the device and BAM...the phone crashes and starts rebooting. it boots up till the starting locked screen and then BAM...it crashes and starts rebooting...it keeps doing this until i disconnect the USB. it keeps doing this everytime i try this.

I really want to download the photos that i need. ive done this before and i havent had issues with it. i havent done it in a month or so now and dont know what might have changed in that time.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas of why this might be hapening.
    I havent yet tried on any other computer as i dont have one immediately. but i dont know why it shd be the computers fault. but anyways...

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

A few questions...

How old is the PC?
    What operating system? (98, XP, Vista, Win7)
    If WinXP, what service pack do you have installed? (Control Panel > System ... under "System")
    Are your USB ports 2.0, or the older 1.x?

3. proginski

proginski Active Member

Did you try a different port or possibly a different cable. I had that issue and used a different cable and it booted...Phil

4. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member

Its not the PC or its operating system, if the computer recogniz4es it, it should work. Period.

5. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

Return it, it's most likely defected.

6. robocop104

my computer is not that old and it used to work on the same computer until last month. i use it as my work laptop.

its a HP, with windows XP professional Service Pack 2. i dont know what USBs they are. i dont know how to check.

i havent tried a different cable but i did try different ports on the computer and they all make my droid reboot continuously.

7. eldepeche

eldepeche New Member

I'm having the same problem with my Droid. It worked fine yesterday, and I got the phone 2 days ago. My computer is running Windows 7 Business, and I was just trying various profile/settings managers (Profile Changer, Toggle Settings (cupcake and non-cupcake versions)), and now it won't stop rebooting when I connect it via USB. I uninstalled the apps and hard rebooted my phone, but the problem persists.

8. robocop104

interestingly, i also installed toggle settings right before all this started.

i was however able to hard reboot my droid after removing the sdcard. After it rebooted fine, i was able to insert the sdcard without any problems and continue re-installing all the apps, but the data on the sd card remained.