1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Droid DNA Lounge

1. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

Well the DNA is out and true to par I had to have one. I bought the first one the store sold. I've been an HTC fan since my first Android phone....the Eris. That goes back a little, huh. So tell us what you think about the smokin' phone.

BC

Advertisement
    :
  2. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Lolololololol first
  3. Bob Cat

I like the 5" screen. It seems just the right size for me. I thought I was going to have a problem with the lack of storage (16gb) but with "the" cloud becoming so popular I don't feel it's an issue. The battery life (for me anyway) is great. I haven't had to plug it in to charge mid day like the Rezound (sometimes more than once). Screen is killer and the picture's are excellent. The phone is also super fast.

BC
  4. Prinny

I don't have an issue with cloud services these days, as they've gotten a lot more stable and secure. I can't say anything about the screen, though. I use a 4.3" screen on my 3vo, and that feels pretty good. I know I played with the note while at Samsung, and that was a bit too big.
  5. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Interesting I see this as a popular place in the future

Do how's the amazing PPI
  6. Bob Cat

Love it. I haven't played with as much as I'd like to because of work. Maybe I can today.
  7. Bob Cat

I too went into a T mobile store the day before release and played with a note 2 and it's just too big plus the dude in the verizon store told me yesterday he's been hearing mixed reviews on the note 2.
  8. Liamo_210

I cant wait to have a go on a DNA just so i can see the screen. Hows the performance and all.
  9. Bob Cat

It's super fast. My Rezound was a little laggy at times. The picture taking is so fast, I took a couple picture's of the same thing before I realized it. :rolleyes:
  10. Liamo_210

Ha what mega pixel camera is it 8?
  11. Bob Cat

Yes

"HTC seems to have done most of the improvements on the software for the camera. The phone has an 8-megapixel camera with HTC's ImageSense software and hardware, which improves optics and adds some new photo features. The new sightseeing mode, for example, lets you launch the camera just by pressing the lock button; it automatically launches the camera so you don't miss a shot when you are out and about seeing a new place." By JOANNA STERN (@joannastern)
  12. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Really hope the UK gets the rumoured HTC Deluxe which is the same as the droid dna, there is a few pics floating around of what it will look like... I am hoping it will launch here with a little more in the way of storage.

[​IMG]
  13. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Have fun with the DNA you lucky dogs.
  14. Liamo_210

For me it was the nexus 4 or wait for a DNA in europe so i went for the nexus 4
  15. Prinny

The problem with that, is most sales people will tell you anything to get you to come to them.

I work at BiLo, and well, my boss yells at me a lot. I'm honest with the customers, I tell them "This product isn't that great, I suggest this instead." Where X was the expensive product I didn't care for, and Y was a cheaper alternative that has a better flavor.

Or I'll tell the customer that we don't have a product, and tell them that Publix has exactly what they are looking for.
  16. Bob Cat

That's true. I rarely listen to what salesmen tell me. I had already made the decision before going in the store.
  17. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Haha, oh no, another Lounge thread for me to subscribe to. ;) Yeah love this phone, really everything about it. Do need to figure the camera out, the continuous shooting thing kind of stumped me while trying to take pics of the kids yesterday.
  18. Bob Cat

Lol, me too. I took a bunch of pictures of the same thing until I realized I was taking pictures. It's a lot faster than the Rezound to me.
  19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

20. Bob Cat

I bought the DNA on launch day..seven day's ago. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. Awesome phone.

BC
  21. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

This might not actually be bad news, I've no doubt that they will sooner or later release a 1080 5" screen in my country, I reckon it may be reworked with more storage and slightly better specs... I can't see them ignoring the buzz surrounding the phone here and in europe,
  22. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I don't doubt it. I'm sure you'll see something great sooner or later. :)
  23. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

HTC cameras are sweet. The LTEVO has the continuous shoot capabilities too. I love that for getting action shots of the kids. I think we've got a 4.7" screen on this one. Haven't looked at the specs in a good while, LOL. It's pretty much a customized OneX.

I need to leak into a Verizon store to play with the DNA. Maybe I can assimilate it.

Resistance is futile. :D
  24. 211275

211275 Well-Known Member

Supposed to be getting mine today via FedEx and its still showing delivery by 7pm tonight but nothing has been updated since it left Memphis, TN yesterday. UPS would show it at least in CA and out for delivery by now, hopefully it shows up today.
  25. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

Is it really unlocked?