1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

*DROID DNA reaction, discussion, and first impression thread*General

1. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

This is the reaction and discussion thread for the newly announced DROID DNA.

I have had this phone since 11/10 and will be trying to answer any and all questions everyone may have.

Desktop screenshots
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Spec screenshot
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here are some battery usage screen shots
    after first usage, all on WiFi without service[​IMG][​IMG]

2nd full charge, service and lte about half way through the charge[​IMG][​IMG]

Some shots of the Storage after a few apps installed (couple of really big ones)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Hope this helps everyone.

Ask away!

First full day of battery life with service/LTE

Stayed away from WiFi today, pretty steady usage all day. As you can see there at the end i had screen on constantly the last couple hours, (netflix, book reading and a little pandora/surfing)

13 hours before it shut off on me and I plugged in....

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is after I plugged in and powered back up, shows screen on time better

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

*drumming fingers* Come on guys...its been, like, 4 minutes...feed the animals!

:D :smokingsomb:
  3. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

So does 2020mah embedded mean what I think it does :( So close to being perfect.
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Well, only 2020mAh battery. Kind of disappointing, but probably as a result they kept the price to $200 on-contract. Also only 16GB on board with no microSD card slot? Ouch. You can watch a 1080P movie, but can only put one on at a time :p
  5. victek

victek Well-Known Member

The press conference firmed up the specs. Pre-orders start today (though it's not active on the Verizon site yet). Actual release is 11-21 It all looks really good. Now we just need a few hands-on reviews to confirm. Hopefully the battery holds up well and there are no show-stopping bugs, like poor reception or voice quality.
  6. red66charger

Only 11GB usable storage. Don't see anything about external storage.
  7. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

This might be a deal breaker for me, but that S4 Pro is looking pretty nice.
  8. NightAngel79

Yes :(

So now that the cat is out of the bag. HTC Elevate (htc ran site) sent out a very small handful of DROID DNA's (20 of them) to some of their VZW members.

I was one of the lucky people. :)

I have had this phone since saturday morning and let me say real quick

OMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

I have found battery life to be AMAZING! Got 36 hours on my FIRST use, without charging it out of the box.

I haven't activated it yet (i wasn't even allowed to tell VZW employees till official announcement today) so this battery life is without 4G service, BUT I left the radios on which means it has been searching for a signal the entire time.

I'm on my way to activating it now but please feel free to ask anything at all :D
    zenman, olbriar, panther2469 and 4 others like this.
  9. AntimonyER

You lucky gun!!!
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  10. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

Talk about taking my excitement level to the clouds and then dropping me like sack of crap. They put out the most "futuristic" phone with all of these bells and whistles......to give it 16GB onboard storage and NO external card slot?? Blows my mind. So much for cancelling that G Note 2 pre-order.
  11. red66charger

OMGGGGGGGGGG is right! AWESOME! We await your updates! Congrats and have fun! Too cool.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  12. Bearcats

Hmmmm. Not really sure what to think about memory really. The way I use my Dinc, I only have a 2GB SD card and not even close to filling it up. But I also back up my pics/videos off phone anyway.

I was kinda hoping for external storage in an attempt to put movies on when I travel to take advantage of the beautiful screen.
  13. red66charger

You gotta give props to HTC and VZW for the pricing. In the day of $299 super phones, they got this right. Might need to transfer my wife's upgrade for this one.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  14. Bearcats

DUUUDEEE! Meet up somewhere to play with it? The phone all you sicko minded people.. :D

Any possible detail you can scrounge up for use would be AWESOME.

Wonder if we can get a signal at the Nipp? My Dinc falters there..but is perfectly fine at the Shoe...go figure.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  15. NightAngel79

True that...

For anyone else, one of these: Amazon.com: T & S Electronics Micro USB OTG Cable - Google Nexus 7, Xoom, Samsung Galaxy, Iconia A510, Toshiba Excite 305, & more. LIFETIME WARRANTY!: Computers & Accessories would work wonders
  16. red66charger

And only 11GB useable, reportedly.
  17. AntimonyER

So NA, how's the camera in real life? And by your OOMMMGGG, I am guessing it flies? And of course, is it an encrypted bootloader? (Yes, I know, but have to ask ;))
  18. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

Damn it Nick! You are so lucky. Is the screen everything you expected it to be?
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  19. NightAngel79

20. NightAngel79

This is correct, I will upload a pic of the storage screen in a sec...

Camera BLOWS me away! No idea about bootloader though, lol

The screen is AMAZING! I thought it would be hard to top the Rezound but WOW! Makes the rezound look like a flip phone screen
    red66charger, B2L and AntimonyER like this.
  21. victek

victek Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your initial impression is so positive. Run it through the ringer and tell us what you find. For instance how is the signal/reception strength, voice quality, BT connectivity, voice recognition over BT headset (for hands free use)? Does it come with the Swype keyboard pre-installed?
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  22. chassum

chassum Well-Known Member

23. NightAngel79

24. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

Thanks to you, I'm definitely getting this phone. It's just too good to pass up, plus I can always return it if I'm not satisfied with the battery life. (I can deal with no Micro SD slot.)
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  25. AntimonyER

Haha, 440ppi, it HAS to look seamless. Can't believe they pulled it off at $200. So do you get to keep it?