Very cool, thanks.
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Sticky :)
    AntimonyER and Wolfedude88 like this.
  4. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Benchmarks: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs. HTC DROID DNA – Droid Life

DL posted DNA benchmark results compared with Note 2. I'm impressed by the power of S4 pro in DNA. Despite running much larger number of pixels than 720p in Note 2, it's slightly edging out it in most tests. But Note 2 has much larger removable 3100mah battery and bigger storage and its battery life seems to be close to Maxx.
  5. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I don't personally care about removable batteries but I would have loved a 2500-3000mah battery in this.

The only thing I'm curious about is the lack of as card slot. Didn't the butterfly j have one? I know they are saying this isn't the same phone but everything else looks like it. Is it the same thickness?
  6. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

PatyCake, bgillyjcu and AntimonyER like this.
  7. Wolfedude88

Am I the only one who still doesn't know if I should like, hit thanks , or both?
    estubby, chassum and ALurker like this.
  8. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

You're not alone. I always go with "thanks" though, "like" is too facebookish for me.
    Wolfedude88 likes this.
  9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Wow, pretty high praise. THeir Bottom Line:

"With its display, reasonable price and top-of-the-line components, the Droid DNA is our top choice on Verizon's lineup this holiday season."

That line-up includes the iPhone 5, RAZR MAXX HD, SIII and Note 2. Did engadget just say this is the best phone period?
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  10. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

I think they did, I am wow'd
  11. AntimonyER

I added a few more reviews. The Slashgear one in particular, is a very well balanced review, and is my favorite of the bunch.
    Randino likes this.
  12. bgillyjcu

bgillyjcu Well-Known Member

13. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

As was I. All the other reviews had good to very good things to say about it. Seems like an outlier result, maybe a bad phone? It definitely caught my attention in any case as well though.
  14. AntimonyER

Will get the DL added, thanks. I agree, the camera and radios were both surprising, most other reviews had no issues with either one of those. Considering my office is the definition of a poor 4G signal it makes me a little nervous, I was hoping my signal would improve dramatically.
  15. Damar1979

Damar1979 Well-Known Member

Has anybody noticed that in most reviews conveniently leave out the fact that the DNA has only 16 gigs of storage, and no expandable memory? That is only about 11 or 10 gigs of memory that you're actually rocking with
  16. Wolfedude88

To them it probably isn't a big deal, so I understand. But I would think they would bring it up, because to a lot of others it is a big deal.
  17. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

I'm using less than a gig of storage on my DInc 1, so for me, non expandable storage isn't even an issue. Having a replaceable battery would be nice though in case I want to keep the phone for more than two years. My 2.5 year old DInc isn't holding its charge like it used.
  18. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

19. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Wow, that was brutal review. Makes me a little less confident about getting it now but I'll have 14 days to change my mind.
  20. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

that sounds like a lemon or something, no one has mentioned stuttering.
  21. AntimonyER

Well the good thing about the stuttery screen, animations etc. You will see that right away in the store playing with the demo unit if it is systemic...
  22. bgillyjcu

bgillyjcu Well-Known Member

OH man this just made my trip to Verizon tomorrow that much harder...

I planned to walk out with the DNA...now I don't know. The past few days have some pretty harsh reviews coming out.
  23. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust the demo units either. They load those demo videos and have a million different things running on them... when i went in a few weeks ago to pre order the note, both the gs3 and razr hd demo units i played with while i was waiting were laggy as hell