Droid Does ... Bluetooth!Support

Last Updated:

1. AzJazz

AzJazz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

And, not in a good way! :mad:

I just found that my "Droid Does" Bluetooth when I don't want it to.

I have my Droid paired to my 04 Acura TL. I have been able to use the Bluetooth HFL between the Acura & Droid with some slightly limited functionality.

However, I just saw something happen that was very bad. I received a call on my Droid as I was getting close to my car. The car was still locked, and not powered up yet. (I may have hit the remote control unlock, but I'm not sure)

I answered the call on my Droid, but had no audio on the phone. I pulled the phone away from my face, and to my surprise, the background was blue! For some reason, the Droid initiated a Bluetooth HFL connection to my car when it wasn't commanded! Worse yet, it looks like the Bluetooth pairing is messed up now: Any call I make on the phone near my car will automatically go to Bluetooth, and my car doesn't seem to recognize the Droid at all now. End result: I always get no audio when I make or receive a call near my car until I press and deactivate the Bluetooth in the lower left corner of the call display.

I can fix this by re-pairing, but it will mess up again once the Droid is within distance of the car and a call arrives.

I never, ever, ever saw this happen with my nearly 6 years of my car ownership. This is a new Android "feature".

D*mn. This sux. :(

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

That's probably something I would report to Google as an issue. Not that it will help you in the short term, but it sounds like a relatively annoying "feature" to have to deal with on a regular basis.