Droid dropping appointments - help!Support

Last Updated:

1. quadzilla

quadzilla Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 31, 2010
    Thought I was going crazy, but after my day on Friday I realized its not me.

Been using this droid and its calendar since the launch. I'm adding and/or changing appointments in my Droid's calendar which syncs to three different Google calendars (my work, my personal and my wife's). I had a couple of appointments in the last month that I was CERTAIN I had put in the phone and that seemed to disappear. Come to think of it, that's happened a few other times, too. Oh well, maybe I'm just getting old - probably user error - at least that's what I thought.

Then on Friday I went back to a customer to reschedule one that had seemingly dropped off my phone after just adding it on Thursday afternoon. I added it AGAIN Friday afternoon only to find it and another one GONE this morning.

Holy crap, this is totally unacceptable. No way to know what is there and gone and what still exists. Anyone have any ideas on how to address this? This is really a make or break thing for me - I can't possibly use this calendar if I can't trust it to save appointments. What a mess.

Any ideas of the problem's cause or a possible solution? Thanks in advance for you input.

2. Unicorn512

Unicorn512 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I am not sure if this helps, but after apparently "fixing" a constant sync/battery drain problem involving my calendar, I noticed that entries I added on my computer were not showing up on my DROID:eek:

I discovered that I had to force a calendar sync (using my DROID) in order for the calendars to be in sync.

Have you tried adding something and immediately forcing a sync? If so what were the results?

I am waiting patiently for Android 2.1 hoping it will clear up this and another problem with the DROID "forgetting" how to play sound or video files (soft boot fixes this one....)