Droid Drops Wi-Fi In Closed NetworkSupport

Last Updated:

1. airbourneone

airbourneone Member This Topic's Starter

Apologize if anyone's noted this already.

Connect to my secured Wi-fi network fine when the network is broadcasting (network name not "hidden"). As soon as the network is no longer broadcasting (i.e. network is changed to stop broadcasting the name), DInc drops the wi-fi connection.

Settings menu shows the name of the network is remembers from previous connection but states that it is "not in range" (and remembered).

Wi-fi network is secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK and is an Apple Airport Extreme with (b, g, n).

Anyone experience this and appreciate any suggestions which would allow the DInc to stay connected to a "closed network."

:) Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mrsean

mrsean Active Member

I've been using the DI for the past 24 hours on a Linksys G router with a hidden SSID and I have not lost connect not once. I would make sure your router's firmware is up to date and maybe change the wireless channel that you are using to see if that solves your problem.

3. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

This is a total shot in the dark, but have your tried initially setting it up while it is not broadcasting instead of switching it after configuration?

4. airbourneone

Interesting; thanks for the input.

The firmware's the latest and the router/access point has a feature (interference robustness) which works to eliminate some interference from other devices that may be "infringing" on the same frequencies. I will de-select this feature and see.

5. airbourneone

Great suggestion- would not have thought that that would have mattered but and I pleased.

I was able to connect to the router/access point when setting up the connection while the SSID was not broadcasting.

Cheers and thanks!

6. JDangles

JDangles Member

I have wifi issues with the Incredible. I'm on WPA encryption on a non-broadcasting network. Sometimes it connects, other times I have to manually go into the wireless settings and manually connect. Sometimes it acts as though I'm out of range when I'm very close to the router. Really wierd. By the way, it's an Actiontek router provided to me by Verizon for FIOS internet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.