Droid Email DeletionsSupport

1. brevibloc

brevibloc New Member

I new to this site so let me start out by saying Hola to all even though i don't speak spanish.
    My question is I have the droid bionic and i have it sync with my email account from work. When i read an email and delete it from my phone it deletes it from my email at work which i need to keep. I need to know if there is a way to delete from phone and still maintain it in my work email account? when i had a blackberry it wouldn't delete from my work email.

Thanks for any help.:eek:

Advertisement
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

In your email app go Settings > Server settings > Incoming settings - set 'Delete email from server' to 'Never'.
    brevibloc likes this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I've moved your thread to the Motorola Droid Bionic (support) forum, where other users of same device - who might be having the same problem, will now have an idea on what to do.
    brevibloc likes this.
  4. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Settings/Accounts/ select email account /Other Settings uncheck "remove manually deleted emails from the server". That being said it also depends on the type of email account as to what settings are there.
    brevibloc likes this.
  5. Styrisvps

Styrisvps Well-Known Member

Go to MAIL. Select an account. Press button (2nd from left on bottom of phone) that brings up Refresh, Sort, etc....Click on MORE, then SETTINGS. Then when menu comes up, select SEND & RECEIVE.

See DELETE MAIL ON SERVER....Turn that off. Also if you want msgs to delete from Cell phone when you delete them from the mail server, checkmark "Synch Deleted items from server".
    brevibloc likes this.
  6. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

What mail app and email account is this with? Totally different than my gmail or email app with roadrunner email.