Droid endlessly updating self until battery diesSupport

Last Updated:

1. roomba

roomba New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Droid since it came out and have had this problem since I got the phone... It spontaneously begins to update itself (with the little swirly progress arrow in the menu bar at the top), gets extremely hot to the touch, and usually doesn't stop till it kills the battery - which often only takes a couple of hours, even if the phone was fully charged at the beginning.

I've tried using TaskKiller to wipe everything out and stop the process, but nothing works - it keeps going till it decides to stop or until it dies. Rebooting the phone also doesn't work - when I turn it back on it picks up where it left off. It's extremely frustrating because not only does the Droid die all the time, it charges very slowly while plugged in if it decides to self-update. This usually happens once or twice a day. Any ideas?

Thanks so much for any help you might be able to provide!

Advertisement
  2. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

I'd recommend a factory reset (reinstallation of the OS). If that doesn't resolve the problem, then I'd then contact Verizon or Motorola for support.

3. Unicorn512

Unicorn512 Well-Known Member

Search this forum with the words "constant sync" and you can see a long thread which seems to address this problem (with and without a factory reset.)