• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Eris Battery Problem (different than others)

birel44

Lurker
Jul 14, 2010
Hey all,

Well, after searching the forum, I found nothing like what I'm having. Lately I have had to plug my phone in halfway through the day after near no use. In fact, all I got in today before it went below 5% was 6 texts and one 3 minute call. I had brightness all the way down and 3g/gps/bluetooth off. I ran a task killer to kill last.fm and pandora that I was using the night before (something I almost always do). And I hadn't used the phone at all aside from those few little things. After charging it up again after that, I used it for probably 20 minutes on and off before putting it in my pocket again with brightness down and all settings off. It then proceeded to die in my pocket in only a matter of around 3 hours.

I did a factory reset about a week ago (after the problem didn't go away on its own). Also, I have all animations turned off and all of my hepatic feedbacks are on short or off.

Also, if it makes any difference, its been near 90 outside, but around 75 where the phone spends most of the day. However, it has been incredibly humid.

Normally, I'd take it to my local Verizon store, but I'm away right now and the closest is far out of convenience. So based on what I've provided, is this an indication of a hardware, software, or a battery problem in your eyes?

Thanks,
Andy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones