Droid Eris Battery!General

Last Updated:

1. SpyroThePyro

SpyroThePyro New Member This Topic's Starter

Innocell 1750mAh Extended Life Battery It is almost here! 1750 mAh for the droid eris. Do not fear, it is the SAME SIZE! Which means no bigger battery door, no klunkyness! Maybe just a little extra weight, and more life! It isn't out yet, but I am hopping for the best! And for you crazy folks a 3500mAh Innocell Extended Life Battery They say it will NOT require a bigger door but let's face it, that is probably imposable! Direct quote
    "- More capacity in the same form factor
    - Fits in existing space so no replacement door is needed
    - Perfect replacement for your original battery
    - Capacity: 3500 mAh"
    Who know maybe Seidio has invented space folding technology and it only costs $70! Good luck, another tip! Turn off syncing with Google, and do it manually. menu->settings->data sync->google->auto sync. Leave background data on otherwise many problems occur in apps!
    I am Droid,
    Spyro

Advertisement
  2. c64

c64 Well-Known Member

Now if they would release a charging dock with battery compartment that actually fits the eris battery:(

3. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

i hope the bigger battery does indeed fit in existing space, that would be great because i want to keep my gel case!!!!

4. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

Another member posted an email from Seideo in another thread. Said email stated the OEM size battery would only be 1500 mAh not 1750 mAh. I guess we shall see...

5. SpyroThePyro

SpyroThePyro New Member This Topic's Starter

I believe the 1500 is coming from HTC, and that might already be out. And of course that would be awesome, I have a polycarbonate case I would love to keep too!

6. jcharris08

jcharris08 Member

i've been using the 1750 seidio battery for hero in my eris for over a month. fits fine, works w/ no problems.

7. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Does the battery door fit like it is suppose to.

8. Doheny

Doheny Well-Known Member

What kind of life do you get w/ that battery?

9. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

No it does not. The sides do not snap. Read his post history.

10. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Got it.

11. RC Addict

Looks like 1750 mAh will be the magic number for the Seideo OEM size extended battery, and the big boy will be 3500 mAh!

12. mmanuel552

mmanuel552 Active Member

3500 mAh im there i dont care if its bigger ill take it!!!! 1750 mAh will work to then i can leave everything on.

13. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

on the website it says that the 3500mAh battery will make it 3-4mm larger. i know how big 3-4mm is but i cant picture it in my mind... will those 3-4mm really make a difference? i guess i am looking for an example but i just cant imagine what 3-4mm bigger would look like

14. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member

4 millimeters = 0.157480315 inches

1/8" = .125 inches
    3/16" = .1875
    1/4" = .25

3 stacked pennies is about 4mm, I just measured.

15. RC Addict

There will be a hump in the back of the unit. Take off your battery cover and look at the stock battery sitting there. Now imagine another battery stacked on top of the stock battery. That will be about what the back of the phone will look like. And fear not--Seideo will be coming out with cases that will be designed for the big-boy battery.

I sure wish they would hurry up already! LOL!

16. OXM_Chase

OXM_Chase Well-Known Member

Does an added 450 mAh really matter? I'm all for it if it means significant battery savings

17. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

That's about 25% more life. Take what you are getting now and add 25% to your time. I get 12 hours on a charge so I'd gain approximately 3 hours from the battery. That may be enough to get you through the rest of the day. For me, I'm gonna use two 1300 batteries and a dual desktop charger...just swap them out when needed...that's 24 hours of use, no bulk added to my phone, and $35 total to do it.

18. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

After several days of letting the battery get really low and then charging it fully overnight my battery lasts the whole day with no problems. Lots of texting, a few phone calls, email all day, games, web, calendar, Facebook, etc. An extra battery would be nice but that is really expensive.

19. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

20. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It does for me. Right now, I need to plug in my phone for a little while at some point during the day to get through a full day. I just received the 1750 mAh battery yesterday; we'll see how it goes.

21. OXM_Chase

OXM_Chase Well-Known Member

I see. My battery lasts me about 9 or 10 hours of heavy use. It's $60 for an extra 2 hours? I get the feeling that after I bought this, a higher battery would come out. I don't want the 3500mAh purely because it bulks up the phone.

22. WPWoodJr

WPWoodJr Well-Known Member

How is the battery?

23. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

So far, so good. I've only gone through one full discharge. On Sunday, by the end of the day, I had 50% charge left on the battery after 20 hours, and I had been using it more than usual (in addition to more use, I changed my Swift twitter update checks from every two hours to every 30 minutes.) Since I had the phone, I would always be well below 20% if I did not charge at some point (I used to charge while I was eating dinner.)

The 1750 is just a bit thicker than the stock battery, and, at first it seemed to prevent me from fully engaging the back cover - it was leaving a gap on one edge. However, I seem to be doing fine with it now - the back cover is closing fine.

For now, I am very pleased. We'll see how things go after a week or so.

24. MetaPotent

MetaPotent New Member

I can't wait until I can get a higher capacity battery.

When I first got my Eris I freaked out a bit because the phone would run out of juice really quickly. It has improved quite a bit since then and I can usually get through the day without charging it now, but that's after constantly killing apps and processes and keeping the mobile network (the 3G data, not voice and text) off all the time.

If I can get longer battery life but keep the stock battery cover and everything that would be great.

25. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

I will probably get the 1750mAh Battery... I did the math and people are incorrect when they tell you how much extra juice this battery will give you. This new battery will give you around 35% extra battery life...

EG for 1750mAh: 14 hours - on 1300mAh

14 hours x 34% = 4.7 hours

Total Battery time is 14 + 4.7 = 18.7 hours..... thats a big improvement, however it still doesnt last a full day...

EG for 3500mAh: 14 hours - on 1300mAh

14 hours x 169% =23.6 Hours

Total Battery time is 14 + 23.6 = 37.6 Hours... Is it worth the extra 3-4mm and the ugly... not sure...