Droid Eris Calendar ProblemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. aanderson90

aanderson90 New Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 1, 2010
    Hi all I'm new to the android scene, I just got a droid and a droid eris for my father the other day, we both use the calendar apps to get appointment information which includes things like phone numbers, addresses, etc... on my droid the phone numbers are highlighted and I can just tap to call straight from the calendar, on his eris the phone numbers won't highlight and its a pain to dial each one? My question is, is there a way to enable this feature on the eris? or is he stuck dialing each number from his appointment list.

2. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hi--Just saw your post while looking to see if anyone noticed a change in how the large calendar widget shows individual days. To answer your question--I don't think there's any way to dial direct number that are listed in calendar events. Even if you copy the number by going into the edit field, there's no way to paste it in to call on the phone unless you go to the trouble of creating a new contact and adding the number that way. It's not very intuitive, unfortunately. In emails on the phone, all you have to do is long press on the number and it automatically goes to the phone app and is ready to be called. Too bad it's not like that in the calendar.
  3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009

I believe, not entirely sure, that this is a limitation caused by the Sense calendar or OS 1.5. I have a coworker with a G1 and it works just fine, but another coworker with a Hero can't do it either. There might be a fix when we get OS 2.0.