Droid Eris Drowned...General

Last Updated:

1. aaronhopkins21

aaronhopkins21 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Never Let Your Droid Eris Get Submerged In Water. Everything will still work except for the 4 buttons and the screen. the send and end button will work.
    Well Bye Bye Droid Eris Hello Droid Or LG Ally. I am not getting that crap devour

Advertisement
  2. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

Aww poor eris I hope it had a good life R.I.P. eris
    Good luck with you're new phone!

3. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

Double post...

4. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Poor eris. Are you buying a new one or just hoping the insurance doesn't have any more?

5. aaronhopkins21

Hoping insurance doesn't have anymore. Because they are starting to give out reg. Droids

6. compsavy

compsavy Member

I find it ironic that insurance would give out Droids to Eris owners when Droid owners aren't getting replaced with Droids. From what I read, Asurion will offer a Devour or Ally for a insurance covered Droid.

7. aaronhopkins21

They will do the same for the eris. I want the ally tho

8. iAndroiid

iAndroiid Well-Known Member

lol mine got fully submerged all i had to do was replace the battery. i also let the phone sit for 3 days or so everything works and still works to date.

9. aaronhopkins21

My Touchscreen doesn't work

10. iAndroiid

then maybe your screwed. usually the key rule is let the phone sit for a couple of days or at least 48hours before you try turning it back on otherwise parts might short out.

11. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Well-Known Member

I've always been told to remove the battery and put the phone in a ziplock bag full of rice. The rice will draw the moisture out of phone. But, if you turned it on while wet, it's probably fried already.

12. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

yes exactly. unfortunately everyone's first reaction when it happens is to turn it on to see if it still works. the rice trick has worked more than once in my household.

13. aaronhopkins21

Yea mine was still on when it happened so I tried to blow-dry it out because that worked for me before. But then I turned it back on and then no touchscreen

14. iAndroiid

that's what i did. mine fell into water and was fully submerged. i then pulled it out and it was still on for about 4-5 seconds. then it just shut off. i let it dry in a rice bowl for almost 24 hours then after that heated the shit out of it with a giant blow dryer and just left it on then let it sit for another 2-3 days. once i got a new battery and put it in it everything worked fine.

you could just try to let it sit more and pray it will work? lol if all else fails it's time to get a new phone and the incredible looks like a good pick! lol

15. DroidJW

DroidJW Well-Known Member

This is the stuff that makes my blood boil. Asurion & VZW screw customers for, $8 a month, plus a now-$90 deductible, and then offer inferior replacements. I'm sure their right to do so is well codified in the T&C, but the Ally and Devour are not appropriate comps for a Droid.

At least Squaretrade would give you a check to buy a replacement.

16. aaronhopkins21

I'm praying that mine doesn't work because I'm tired of all the bugs that come with it

17. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

let me know how this goes for you. my USB port is fried (can charge, but cant connect to PC) and need another replacement. really hoping for a Moto Droid. i'm done with the Eris. this will be my 3rd replacement

18. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Guy from Ausrion told me they were completely out of Droids. Would only give me another Eris or Ally. Also said people with Droid were being offered an Eris.

I opened the box today for my refurbished #3 Eris and they actually sent me a brand new Eris. Now Ive rooted with EE3 and Its a badazz phone.

Luke

19. aaronhopkins21

@cornbreadfarts (lol @the name). mine can still charge but it doesnt connect to the computer.also the orange reddish LED light at the top of the phone doesnt work. also the home/menu/back/search touch buttons to not work.i cant even unlock the phone.as i said before my touchscreen doesnt work

20. Debtfree

Debtfree New Member

My Eris has not gotten wet etc., however, I recently upgraded to the 2.1 OS and it allowed me to update to the new 12.8 update, and then my phone started acting up...Multiple Force Closes, it will reboot in the middle of typing a txt, today it some how changed my ring tone to something I have no idea how it got there. I went to restore my ring tone..."Shutting Detroit Down" and it told me I have no music etc on my SD Card, which later magically appeared again.......

I called Verzion to tell them about the problems and they said they would send me a new phone via FedEx that would get at my home within 2-3 days. I really hope that this will fix my problems????:confused:

Has anyone else had the same problems as I have?

I really don't want to pay for another new phone etc just to get one that works the way it should.

Debtfree

21. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

One word for you ROOT