Droid Eris Help..Thank you.General

Last Updated:

1. jswiss

jswiss New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all....

I really dont like the phone, I am hoping its me....and I can fix it.

I have been noticing some weird things on my phone as of late..and have a few general questions.

Does this happen to you...
    Mid texting phone gets super sluggish ( I am using handscent ) if you type a word there is a few second delay before its actually written on the screen. Also, can I get a new keyboard? is Handscent the only good SMS App?

At times if I open my contact list and press to call that person at takes so long to actually call them...contacts are randomly removed from my HTS favorites widget.

Noticed lately all of the sudden I am getting IM from google on my phone.
    Not sure how to set all google mail, chat, IM to my phone ... at times when I go to set up my email it askes for the exchange server?

I would like to clean my phone out and start over. I never really set it up and I dont know how...

THANK YOU!

Advertisement
  2. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

First get ride of all apps you downloaded that you don't use back-up the rest and do a hard reset.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

If you have word prediction on, turn it off - the same with ummm.... spell check I think (they're right there next to each other under the keyboard options). This will help to speed up the keyboard.

Open the dialer, go into the call log and clear the log. This will help to speed up the dialer.

For general phone speed up, try these two things.
    1) If you have several hundred old messages on your phone, delete all the ones you no longer need. If you have thousands old messages (shame on you :) ) then you'll want to get Delete Old Messages from the market and run it overnight.

2) Go into manage applications, meun > sort by size and then clear the cache on any application over 1mb in size (you can clear the cache on smaller ones too, that's just where I choose to stop when doing mine).

There's on on-going debate as to whether ChompSMS is better than Handcent. Personally I think they are essentially the same, just with some slightly different features. You can try Chomp to see if you like it better.

To REALLY fix your phone, I'd suggest your root it - but that's a whole different conversation. :)

4. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

as far as good sms apps, chompsms is pretty good too.