Droid/Eris/Incredible QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. pixie06

pixie06 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Long story short...

I had 2 Moto Droids with sensor issues and every time I was on the phone I would dial/mute/hang up on people. Since I was still in my 30 days I decided to go back to my voyager and wait for something better to come along. So....

Anyone here own an Eris and if so did/does it have the proximity sensor issues that the Droid does?

Anyone who knows someone who has tested the Incredible...have they said if that might be an issue with the Incredible?

I figured this might be a good place to ask because I don't want to end up with another phone that is wonderful for everything BUT a phone.

Advertisement
  2. Omega3

Omega3 Active Member

i had the droid for 24 days and i did not have the sensor issue

my girlfriend has the Eris and hers does not have the sensor issue

I would guess that the Incredible will not have the issue for the most part, but there will always be a few buggy phones no matter what model it is, you just managed to get 2 droids with the issue

3. wordweaver27

wordweaver27 Well-Known Member

Also, the Droid sensor issue is probably Motorola hardware related rather than Android OS related. If HTC doesn't have a history of sensor issues then it is unlikely that the Incredible will. (but I'm adding the usual disclaimer that since it's a new model you never know)

4. pixie06

pixie06 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies! I searched and couldn't find any info on issues like that with the Eris but found TONS with the Droid so I thought it was most likely a Motorola issue.

5. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member

Best to wait till the phone comes out. I have the Eris and it has some annoying things too. Im waiting till Incred shows up and dumping the Eris.