Droid Eris issuesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. planhour

planhour New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I'm new to the droid world used to use blackberry. I have been having trouble with my eris it seems to lag a lot. I have deleted apps, cleared cache and downloaded advanced task killer all of those have helped a lot. Just wondering if there is anything else I can do to make it run better and is there a program out there that will let you control what runs in the background. I have noticed that when I use task killer it kills a bunch of stuff that I have not even used. Please help thanks

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Lag is an issue with because the Eris is not exactly a powerhouse. However, the Eris folks can help you out. I'll move your thread over there, for help.

Steven

planhour likes this.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello planhour. Welcome to Android Forums.

Working on lag issues in the Eris can take a bit of time, but that time can be rewarded with improvement as long as we're not dealing with hardware problems in your particular unit.

Clearing caches, configuring apps to not update in the background (weather, news, etc), turning off auto sync in gmail and facebook, etc, removing the check mark in "haptic feedback" in the keyboard menu, removing task killers (they often kill tasks that restart immediately as they are needed by the system, causing loops which drain the battery and contribute to lag)..etc.

The Eris responds well to a live battery pull, as well (with the unit running, remove the battery and wait a minute, replace it and reboot) which can remedy lag issues.

We also see varying results from a factory data reset, some good some the same some worse.. ymmv. ;)

planhour likes this.
  4. bigE1669

bigE1669 Member

I had the same problems. When I first got my Eris, I was in love with it. Then after about a month, the honeymoon was over and was pretty disappointed with it. I was past my 30 day return option and I was stuck with it. It lagged on everything. Rebooting helped for a couple of hours then it started lagging again. I started getting the silent call bug, etc. I began looking into rooting to see if other users problems went away and from most of the posts I read, they did. I rooted with the 1-click root app and haven't looked back. I loaded KoasFroyo and the phone just runs better in every way. Not only that but my battery lasts longer too. It seems like its a newer, better phone. Now I am happy again. I can't tell you its right for you, but getting rid of the Sense UI and putting android 2.2 on it fixed every problem I have had.