Droid Eris sends blank text messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. brandonmcox

brandonmcox New Member This Topic's Starter

I was surprised that I really couldn't find much on this, but I can't be the only one with the problem. My Droid Eris is sending blank text messages repeatedly. Is the phone faulty or is there some setting that I can change. I downloaded ChompSMS hoping that would fix it, but it doesn't appear to. When I open my text messaging program, many times it will send a blank text to the last person I texted. The other day, I turned the phone off and turned it back on and it sent a blank text at the exact time I turned it on. Any help.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. demanda

demanda New Member

Hey Brandon, this is caused by your phone trying to re-send "undelivered" texts. To fix it, go to messages>menu>undelivered and delete all from that list.

3. FirePits

FirePits New Member

I have this problem as well...have u tried demanda's solution?

4. snowhel

snowhel New Member

Same happening here. I just deleted my undelivered. I hope that's it =) Thank you.

5. FirePits

FirePits New Member

All of the recipients in the undelivered box were the ones getting the blank messages. I am optimistic that this will fix the issue.

Thanks demanda

6. snowhel

snowhel New Member

In the same hour, a friend suggested Handcent SMS for texts, so I'm trying it out. It seems pretty great so far, tons of options. Between the two changes, I'm optimistic for a fix =)

7. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

did it work for ya? welcome aboard

8. Peaser

Peaser Well-Known Member

My phone seems to send a blank message to my daughter all the time. I think I might be hitting something by accident when I go into texting, but not sure.

9. DannyJd

DannyJd Member

I have the same issue; it keeps sending a blank text message. I even tried changing the phone number type of the recipient to 'work' and that didn't help. when i press menu on message, i only get 'Compose' 'Delete' or 'Settings'. Couldn't find anything in Settings about undelivered messages...

any other ideas? am i missing something?

10. kpowers99

kpowers99 Member

if you go into Messages then hit Menu you should see Drafts (if you have any unsent messages). You can select it and then hit Menu again and discard the messages. If there are no messages in Drafts, the option will not be displayed. I also did the OTA update this weekend and noticed they fixed the issue with accidentally sending blank messages by hitting send before typing by graying send out until you have started typing a message. I know I have done that a few hundred times lol.

11. inothome

inothome New Member

Had the same problem and it worked for me.

12. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

The December 11th update fixed this issue.

13. inothome

inothome New Member

Good to know, but that worked before the update. Guess it's a moot point now though.

14. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Yes there was a temporary fix for it, before the update, but it didn't stop it from happening again.

15. notinks

notinks New Member

I'm hoping since this is nearly a year old that you have found a solution you can share with me :) I have tried Handcent, turning off, pulling the battery and still have the problem.