Droid Eris Speaker replacementGeneral

Last Updated:

1. djtrixx

djtrixx New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement external speaker for my Eris? Need two, actually. Only place I could find one was at global parts direct, but they're out of stock.

Thanks for your help!
    -TX

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

If you weren't messing around with the phone, like taking it apart and whatnot, it will be covered under warranty.

Take it to VZW.

3. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

Are you his mom or something? He was looking for an answer not a lecture. I would also be interested in a source for parts after my warranty expires.

4. smacky

smacky Banned

I didn't realize mentioning to him that he is covered under warranty so long as he hasn't voided it by opening the phone up made me his mother.

:rolleyes: ****ing idiot.

5. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

djtrixx, take a look at the post titled (or something like, cant' remember exactly) HTC Eris Take Apart Guide by repairuniverse. It is currently on page 2 of threads.

6. djtrixx

djtrixx New Member This Topic's Starter

Lol thanx for being my mom Smacky!!:D

I know the phone is under warranty, but due to the work environment I'm in, steel grinding dust will inevitably get in my phone again, and adhere to the magnet of the speaker, shorting it out again :eek:
    It was also as Keith said, eventually the warranty will expire, and I don't want to end up with a pretty little paperweight that I can't hear lol....

7. MagnumForce

MagnumForce Member

I am a welder and have the same problem, my external and internal speaker are both affected. I try to be very careful and keep everything covered and even in my toolbox but to no avail. Same thing happened to my hint, and my razor before that.