Droid Eris Startup ProgramsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. irmac

irmac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched and could not find anything related to this but if their is go ahead and merge it.

When I boot my Eris, I have noticed many unneccesary programs open, some in which I never use at all...I found this information in Advanced Task Manager by the way.

How do I disable programs from starting up on my Droid Eris?

Thanks to anyone that replies in advance,
    iRmac

Advertisement
  2. jpzsports

jpzsports Well-Known Member

This is a good question. I've been wondering the same thing. There are many programs that boot on startup that I don't need and I'd hate to have to run a task killer everytime I turn on my phone.

Any ideas?

3. irmac

irmac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah exactly, like I never use Footprints...These applications are just using phone processes that don't need to be used. I'm sure someone knows how on here and can help us both out.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

To my knowledge there isn't anything really out there for that. There are automatic task killers that will stop apps from running, but they tend to be battery killers.

Not sure which apps you are talking about, but I doubt they are slowing you down much. Moat of them are just hovering in the background waiting to launch and not really running.

5. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

If you use advanced task manager free you can kill processes like footprints. I did it for a while but didn't notice much improvement in speed. I did find some apps that I rarely use like shopsavy had been starting themselves though so it was nice to be able to kick those to the curb.

6. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

There is no application that I am aware of that allows you to permanantly disable Stocks, Footprints, IM, and Peep. They are embedded within Android o/s and restart automatically.

7. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

8. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member