droid eris touch screen way better than moto droid'sGeneral

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. dmobile5

dmobile5 Well-Known Member

Wow? Probably the number 1 reason I got the Droid is cause its TOUCHScreen was WAY better than the Eris. The Eris was laggy and it seemed very difficult to "click" the accurate button. The Droid was smooth and IMO had no problems @ all. You can't claim me to be a Droid Fan Boy as when I walked int othe VZW my mind was split and a few tests on the Droid and Eris and I was hooked on the Droid
  3. ericDylan

Pretty much the same story with me, I just went in the other direction apparently. :D
  4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

sense ui is slower than `home'. I Think its a better product though
  5. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

I'd say judging the touchscreen input in a store generally isn't a good idea. The screen is calibrated to YOUR input patterns on initial set up. ( At least I think that's how it works). So if you're using a display model in a store, it's most likely set up to work best for someone else. Just something to keep in mind for those that may be looking at new phones.
  6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I like the touchscreen on the eris better after owning the droid for a week. Although the Droid was a little faster but like I've said before it just wasn't for me , but it's still a fantastic phone . I wish the eris used the same processor as the Droid , cause I definetly miss the quicker reaction time of the droid compared to the eris
  7. ericDylan

did you read the link i posted? because the weren't testing store models.
  8. tdavis42

tdavis42 Guest

I agree, the Eris has a much nicer feel and response. I contribute this to the fact that HTC made some of the first touchscreen phones and has been at it for a while. I remember when the HP phone came to T-Mobile, I didn't even know it was made by them until last year. It also explains why the Palm line of phones have great screens as well.
  9. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

I guess I should have quoted dmobile5's post, since my reply was more directed towards him than the OP.
  10. ericDylan

oh... my bad ;)