droid eris won't vibrate for SMSGeneral

Last Updated:

1. enkay19

enkay19 New Member This Topic's Starter

using Handcent SMS, but my phone won't vibrate when i get a message. it vibrates when i get a call, though. help?

Advertisement
  2. fhsfish

fhsfish Active Member

i had the same problem less than a week ago...i came here and was told to download an app called sound manager by daniel roozen. when you open it, if you press menu, it will bring up an option for vibrate settings...the one for notification vibration will be turned all the way off... change that setting to vibrate whenever possible. that should fix your problem

lilmoose1002 likes this.
  3. enkay19

enkay19 New Member This Topic's Starter

perfect! thank you!

4. zeroleonheart

zeroleonheart Well-Known Member

Wanna hear something weird?

I had the same problem since Dec. 1 when I bought my phone. All vibration dies and it happens randomly, without warning. I fixed the issue.... by shaking the phone. Three of four shakes in one hand fixes it almost instantly. Its the strangest thing ever.

I hope someone is able to corroborate this, because there is no way I can prove it. But, try it! :)

5. Drumminraider204

Drumminraider204 Well-Known Member

My sisters Eris had the same problem on her refurb she had for about 10 days. No questions asked they gave her another refurb.

6. lilmoose1002

lilmoose1002 Member

Thank god someone else had this problem. I went to the store, called tech support who put me through to htc and none of them were any help. This forum is great