Droid & Exchange

Last Updated:

1. Appnet

Appnet New Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to get a feel from those out there using the Droid w/Exchange I have contacted Verizon and Motorola and it seems the Droid will do everything I need such as Exchange email (multiple accounts which is cool) and multiple exchange contact lists and calendars which I need. I am glad it uses activesync and am about to try to set one up on my exchange 201o this weekend.

I am pretty much forced away from BB due to RIM not supporting anything worth while for the SMB market with exchange.

How has the experience been with setting up the phone with exchange and all its features? Each mailbox have its own icon? easy to navigate multiple calendars or contact lists?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Tiggercat

Tiggercat Member

I set up ActiveSync last night, connecting to Exchange 2010. No issues so far - works quite nicely. I haven't played with contacts or calendars, yet.

3. DroidDaddy

DroidDaddy Well-Known Member

We have Exchange 2007 still, but I've got four mailboxes all uses ActiveSync Push (no more IMAP for the extra mailboxes.) Once the mail app launches you can choose to open the Combined Inbox, or individual mailboxex. If you go back to the home screen and then back into the exchange email, you go back to whatever mb you were in last.

Some differences I'm hoping they fix in the future:

• No server Global Address Search
    • No signatures from mobile device
    • Cut/Paste is generally horrible on the phone overall
    • No Zooming on emails, but the text is really crisp.
    • No status/flagging messages
    Some things I'm not sure about but I think I've read elsewhere (search for Exchange in the forums, someone must have a thread already.) :

• I don't think you can accept calendar invites
    • I don't think you can view all calendars, or at least I can't view any but my primary
    • No task syncing
    • But I can login via OWA to my other mailboxes and calendars

I actually installed a third party app, TouchDown that allows zooming, different font sizes, GAL searches and invite accept/reject, better widgets, flags, tasks, etc. but only for one Exchange mailbox (my primary).

I mainly read emails though, rather than read/reply so it works for me.

4. DroidDaddy

DroidDaddy Well-Known Member

5. Appnet

Appnet New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Droid last night and set it up on my Exhchange 2010 last night. It was surprisingly easy.

I have not played with touchdown yet,but I plan to soon.

Right now I have my work exchange email setup and push works great, no problems. I also have a couple other exchange accounts setup that use a distribution list. Each account has sub folders and about 3-4 addresses coming in to them. This is where it gets strange.
    When I click the icon there are no folder (which I assume is just the way droid works) i have to click the options then menu option. I see each folder and the email came over when i set up the account. HOwever, I can't get any new email to show up in those accounts unless I go to each actual folder and hit refresh then it pulls in the email without a problem. I tried this with push setup on the accounts and with a 5 intervals.

now i have not tried setting these accounts up w/IMAP yet, that might work better but i doubt it.

my calendar and contacts came over fine as well. I was very impressed.

Any insight?

I will prob try touchdown shortly.