Droid Facebook blows.General

Last Updated:

1. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What's the deal? why is it SO hard to simply SYNC up my facebook friends with my phone friends to provide their picture/information? When I try to sync people, my list stops at the letter J. Everybody on my list from J to Z simply isn't there; therefore, I can't choose my friend Zack, for example, and link his profile. I've tried deleting the facebook apps on facebook itself and removing my account from the phone over and over, and NOTHING is working.

I have 2.1 on the Eris. Anybody have any suggestions? It worked decently for a while, but now it's just AWFUL.

Advertisement
  2. LuvArabians

LuvArabians Active Member

I'm having the same problems. Searching the board now looking for answers. Worked before the update.

3. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

works fine for me.. but I dont have 10000 people as friends..

4. LuvArabians

Checked again and it looks like the correct ones are linked but still no pictures. It may just take a long time for it to really sync everything.

5. LuvArabians

6. sundoll

sundoll Member

I've been having the same problems. A few hours ago I tried the following and it seems to have worked, except it's still slow to update everyone's pics:

1. Uninstalled Facebook (I had done the update from the Market, so this reverted it back to the original version)
    2. Removed my Facebook for HTC Sense information
    3. Deleted Facebook for Android and HTC Sense apps from my actual Facebook profile
    4. Turned off the phone, removed the battery and let it sit for a few minutes, just for good measure
    5. When I rebooted, I added the plain Facebook account first, then Facebook for HTC Sense
    6. I started syncing, and it seemed to be having the same problems, so...
    7. I went to someone who had managed to sync already (in the A's) and I went through the process of linking to a FB account. I left it on the screen where you choose from your FB contacts, and slowly but surely it continued to sync and add people. Sometimes it would look like it was stalling, so I'd back up a screen, then go back to find the FB contact and just let it load. After about an hour, it finally made it all the way through my 1300 friends and down to the Z's.

I have no freaking clue why it had so many problems. but at least now people are linked, and hopefully over the next few hours it will add more pics in. I find that if I go back to that FB screen and let it sit, it starts to fill in more pics - I hate to see what will happen if I add friends or they all start changing their photos...

7. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys. yeah after removing the fb apps so many times over and over, it finally all synced...took a long time though, but eventually names started appearing after J for me! woo! lol

8. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

There's always the Kin...........

9. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

I hated the fact that every single on of my FB friends became a contact, so after I did a Factory reset, I didn't sign on to Facebook at first. After my Google contacts had synced over, I only signed into Facebook for HTC Sense. After that, everyone in my contacts with a Facebook automatically synced with their profile, just like I wanted. Photos also came over right away and are nice a sharp.