Droid File Transfer Via USB CableSupport

Last Updated:

1. Droid421

Droid421 Active Member

Anyone know how to make the SD card show up as a removable drive in My Computer? The PC detects it when I connect but nothing new shows up in My Computer.

2. Destro190

Destro190 Member

Slide down the notification bar and tap the usb thing, and it will ask you if you want to mount the droid for transfer, but you will be unable to access the sd card again till after you unplug it or unmount it.
  3. Droid421

Droid421 Active Member

Well that was easy enough. Thanks!
  4. Destro190

Destro190 Member

No Problem, i wish i could get emulators to work
  5. Droid503

Droid503 Member

My question is if there is a specific folder/subfolder hierarchy. For example, if I want to add an mp3 ringtone do I have to place it in a specific folder, ie RINGTONES?
  6. Destro190

Destro190 Member

there are root folders and sd folders, not sure where you would put a ringtone, working on that atm
  7. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

i dont have the phone but i believe on my gfs g1 theres a music folder when you view the sd card on the pc i believe in that folder you create ringtone folder and put it in there or you put the folder outside the music folder where it is
  8. littledroid

littledroid Member

How do I "unmount" it besides unplugging the USB cable?
  9. shaz0341

shaz0341 New Member

i followed these instructions, but when i plug in my phone with the usb cord into the usb port, it keeps saying USB device not recognized...furthermore, when i pulled down the notification screen, there is nothing that says usb connection, just an empty box. What do i do?
  10. tjbugs1

tjbugs1 Well-Known Member

My computer knows it is plugged in but the phone does nothing. No pull down, even the white charging light will not come on.
  11. tjbugs1

tjbugs1 Well-Known Member

Update, now when I plug in the usb cable it will turn the white light on and flash the notification on the top but by the time I pull the menu down the notification is gone and the light is off, but somehow my computer still knows that it is plugged in.
  12. dake.ganesh

dake.ganesh New Member

I have samsung galaxy 3 mobile phone, initilly for first i can able to trasfer files from PC to mobile, but after that whenever i tried to transfer file using as mass storage or by samsung kies, it is showing failed massage and transfer path is too deep, what to do???????????
  13. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

14. Dmclingerman

Dmclingerman New Member

I have a Droid2 global and am having similar issues in just transferring music files from PC to Droid. My USB cable works - I hear the connection and I do get the notification. I follow through on this and chose USB connection, enabled mass storage. I did install the Motorola USB drivers. The last step took me to Media sharing but it said it didn't detect a memory card. I'm confused. What am I missing? I'm a new Droid user, so please keep it simple!
  15. ImperialJohn

ImperialJohn Well-Known Member

Do you need to install the USB drivers listed on this applications webpage in order to use it with your Android Phone? If so there are no instructions on how you install those USB drivers?

Also do you know which USB mode you put your phone into in order to connect with ***********? I have quite a few options listed such as:

Portal And Tools
    Windows Media Sync
    Memory Card Access
    Charge Only

I have been unable to get the Motorola application to work well with my phone to be able to transfer stuff.

16. mredjlali

mredjlali New Member

"My comp wouldnt recognize my sd card..."

my comp wouldnt recognize my sd card... it only charged the phone wheen i plugged it in. I googled and found i wasnt the only one.... problem fixed!! Solution: pull up a web page...settings... clear chashe, clear browser history, clear cookies.... restart phone.
  17. fdroid

fdroid New Member

Earlier post said to slide the notification bar down and then click the usb thing, but when I slide the notification bar down, no usb thing is evident. Thanks for any help.
  18. radcliff

radcliff Member

Nothing comes up in my notifications about USB.
    It used to but now there is nothing there on my droid3 or my husbands. How do I get it back.
    My computer doesn't connect at all now.
  19. banjoman87

banjoman87 New Member

I had this issue as well. It was resolved when I used the cord that came with the phone to plug it into my computer.

I've had a few other phones which used the microUSB ports, and data transferred on them find, but not using one of the older cords on the DRIOD Bionic.

There must be some extra connections made with the new cord versus the old ones. It's something that maybe has just been overlooked by others as well.

I hope my experience with this issue helps!