Droid flipping out, selects anything it wants.

Last Updated:

1. Mad_Dogg2014

Mad_Dogg2014 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, so my brothers droid is flipping out. It seems to be sending text messages, downloading programs and just going crazy. Seems it's been doing this for a couple of days. I backed everything up on my PC and did a hard reset of the phone. That didn't help, I was able to re-activate it, but it still does the same thing. Anyone else have this issue? If so were you able to fix it? Going to Verizon first thing tomorrow to see what they say. More than likely he needs a new phone. Thanks folks!

Advertisement
  2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

[​IMG]johnny 5 is alive

drudometkin likes this.
  3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Does this happen all the time or just while connected to a charger (the latter being fairly well documented)?

4. subguy812

subguy812 Member

I just went through this and also noted that one row of the screen did not function. I eventually got it to settle down but was able to exchange it for the dead row on the screen. I flashed my back to 2.1 using RSDlite and it still was freaking but it appeared to settle down after numerous battery pulls. I tried so many things I can not tell what it was exactly that worked. I received my like new Droid and all is ok.

5. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

something similar happened to me awhile back...the touch screen went and if i looked at it it just started loading stuff....exchanged it for a refurbished with no problems

6. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

Call customer service, or take it in, they'll give you a new one. I had one that did this as well. Sometimes it would be fine after leaving the battery out for upwards of 30 minutes, and other times you'd put it back in, and it'd be right back to jumping all over, making calls, selecting apps on its own.

My buddy had a similar issue with his BB Storm, as soon as he stopped using an aftermarket charger, it went away. I actually used my BB Storm charger on my Droid, not sure if that was the cause or not. Doesn't really matter, they gave me a new/refurbished phone anyway!

7. Mad_Dogg2014

Awesome! Thanks for all the help guys. Seems the general consensus is to exchange it for a new one, had a feeling it would be that. Glad I wasn't the only one having this happen. Thanks again!

8. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

I had the exact same thing happen except mine has the left side of the screen not working and its going nuts. I have a refurb coming tomorrow.

9. Mad_Dogg2014

Went to Verizon today, seems this happens from time to time. Got a new/refurb? on the way.

10. waffleking

waffleking Member

I had this exact same thing happen to my phone about 4 months ago and had to exchange it for a refurb.

Then the refurb had a blown speaker so I had to exchange that for another refurb.

On the third phone, the lighting underneath the touch sensitive buttons is uneven so the search button is a slightly different color, but that wasn't a big enough deal to make me want to go through the exchange process again.

11. drudometkin

drudometkin Well-Known Member

Happened to my friends Droid last week. He just got a refurbished one yesterday and its in perfect condition.

12. drudometkin

drudometkin Well-Known Member

Took a video of my friends droid acting up right before he took it back. It opened up ASTRO on its own and starting trying to delete files.. lol

YouTube - Droid acting crazy

13. Mad_Dogg2014

Yup, that's what my brother's was doing, real trip. Sent it back today in the pre-paid box. His new/refurb is working like a charm so far.