Droid folks...don't worry the Droid X is not that good

Last Updated:

1. dmobile5

dmobile5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I posted a thread saying how I was able to get a Droid X as a warranty replacement for my broken Droid. So today it came in....honestly anyone who would be spending the 500 is CRAZY. On a scale of 1-10 of a "jump" from the droid its a 2-3 max. Besides the 4.3 inch screen and the 1 ghz proccesor there is nothing new about it. Little things here and there, but basically its the same, the camera is slightly better than the Droid but its really not noticeable. Honestly, anyone who upgraded for alot extra is crazy, because if I was up for an upgrade I would wait for a better phone-4G, Front-Facing Camera, 1.3 GHZ, and then I would upgrade. If you care about HDMI output or MotoBlur widgets go ahead get it, but with the rooting community here established, the droid x is only a tad bit better than the droid 1.

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

Good to know. I wasn't expecting much to change drastically in a year. I figured when most of our two-year contracts are up, the jump from the Droid to the next best phone will be more towards a "7" or "8." And that's when upgrading and paying $200 is a bit more justifiable. A bit. ;)

3. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

I know i would feel the same way if switched. Hey how does that lump thing feel? when i see it i feel i would be annoyed by it so much, especially holding it in landscape. also seems as if one side of the phone would be heavier.