• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid get new FiOS app

I downloaded the app and set up the widget but I am unable to make a connection. I've seen in the comments of the market page that I am not the only one with the problem and some people have fixed it.

If you've had the problem and got it to work, can you please post.

I have already tried unregistering the phone and registering again. I also uninstalled and re-installed the app.

I did all of what you did. After about an hour of trying I did what I should have tried first. Reboot each STB (must be HD or HD DVR). I rebooted one and then when I tried to connect it it popped right up and connected. I then went to the other room and did the same to the DVR with the same result (you can use up to 2 STBs).

Hope that helps...

**EDIT** By rebooting, I mean unplugging the STB and then plugging back in. I just wanted to be clear...

Upvote 0
Rebooting the STB worked! Something i should have thought of but was too lazy to pull the box out of the entertainment center.

Anyway, that app is cool, especially for displaying pics from my phone. I showed my wife this morning before work and was impressed. Didnt tell her I could control the tv, will test that tonight while she's watching American Idol...LMAO!!!

I did all of what you did. After about an hour of trying I did what I should have tried first. Reboot each STB (must be HD or HD DVR). I rebooted one and then when I tried to connect it it popped right up and connected. I then went to the other room and did the same to the DVR with the same result (you can use up to 2 STBs).

Hope that helps...

**EDIT** By rebooting, I mean unplugging the STB and then plugging back in. I just wanted to be clear...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones