droid=gmail

Last Updated:

1. nitro1970

nitro1970 New Member This Topic's Starter

have a droid and gmail account,i now receive emails on my phone but not on my desktop at home,can i get emails on both for the same email address?

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Yes... just make sure that both your phone and home use the same GMAIL account. You may need to set one or both of the connections to not delete emails from the server.

3. nitro1970

well i have a email account at home through my phone company which i had a long time and now i got droid and set that up with gmail but getting my original mail on my droid,at times i get emails on one or the other but most come on my droid.my wife is killing me now cause she cant see the emails at home.would app. any help,thanks.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

So wait, I dont understand. You have two emails, one gmail and one work mail. Are you having trouble getting the gmail at home or the work mail?

You shouldnt have any problem getting gmail at home, just login to gmail.com obviously. If you are having trouble getting your work email, and think it has something to do with the droid, you are wrong.

5. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

i receive emails for the same account on my phone and desktop almost instantaneously. If i delete it on my phone it deletes from my desktop and vice versa.

are you using outlook or something or the web based gmail service?

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Let's start over again. How many accounts are involved and how exactly are they set up on your device and at home? Is gmail pulling email from the other email account? Which account is missing the email?

It sounds as if an account is being accessed via POP and one of your email clients isn't configured to leave mail on the server.

7. nitro1970

if i have my droid shut off i receive my emails on my desktop.if my droid is one i get all of them on it.

8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Sounds like the problem to me.

You see nitro, when your phone company (who gave you the old email address) get an email you can get it off them in a few different ways. If you use 'POP' to retrieve mail, your phone/PC just downloads each email and that's that. That's fine in principle, but it sounds like your phone is set to delete the copy of the email still on your phone company's server, meaning there's nothing left for the PC to download. If you can tell it to leave the email on the server then both your PC and phone will get their own copies.

Or... rather than using POP, you could switch to the much improved way of getting emails: IMAP. With IMAP, your emails will seem identical no matter which way you're accessing them. Unlike POP, which sends copies to each device, IMAP keeps emails consistent across devices.

I would definitely recommend switching to IMAP if at all possible.