Droid got wet!! Help!!

1. tholen9109

tholen9109 New Member

this past weekend my droid and i went for a little swim. wasnt thinking and forgot it was in my pocket. i took the battery out right away and when i got back to the house took a hair dryer to it. i then put the phone in some rice for about 24 hrs.

now the phone will only power on when it is hooked up to the charger and when it is hooked up, it says "connect to charger" and the red light is flashing. with the charger hooked up the white light on the side is not on. i don't see why it would let the phone be on and not charge it. the phone also works fine when hooked up..does everything it should.

any help would be great with this! if nothin else i might just have to use the good 'ol insurance i pay for.

thanks!!

Advertisement
    fndeda likes this.
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Nevermind, this post needs deletion.
    fndeda likes this.
  3. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

HUH?

IOWA, I think you're in the wrong forum. Maybe you want Rush Limbaugh's forum?
    This is an international cellular phone forum.
    fndeda likes this.
  4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

So trying to help a fellow android is a bad thing? Gee sorry I tried.

(He already did was I was going to suggest)

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
    fndeda likes this.
  5. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Do you have a spare battery? Might want to get one if you haven't already. The battery may have been destroyed and the good news is that the phone seems to operate despite holding a charge.

Good Luck...I hope you can bring it back!
  6. tholen9109

tholen9109 New Member

thanks for the help. i do not have a battery but was wondering if that might have been what happened. i will see if i can't get one and see what happens.
  7. fndeda

fndeda New Member

I DROPPED MY PHONE IN THE TOILET. WHEN I GOT UP IT FELL. I IMMEDIATELY PuLL IT OUT. there WAS ONLY A DROP ON THE BATTERY. I FIRST DRY IT WITH THE TOWEL, NEXT I DRIE IT WITH THE HAIR DRYER, FINALLY I PUT my Samsung epic 4g in RICE. do u think it would work or not?
  8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Well, uh, welcome to the forums! I wish it were under better circumstances, though...

If you left the phone in the rice bag (battery out), sealed up, for 24 hours, then re-insert the battery and try to fire her up. It'll either work or not. It should, though: the rice is pretty good about extracting moisture. Good Luck!