Droid GPS Problems This Morning?

Last Updated:

1. bigbill25

bigbill25 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On my drive into work, I started up the nav app to get traffic data, and it came up with an odd "No Route" message. I then just went into Maps and when the GPS locked, it put my out in the Pacific! I power cycled the phone, went back into maps and same thing; I was 50 miles or so off the coast of San Fransisco (I'm in Portland, OR).

I started the "GPS Status" application and it showed my moving between 500 and 800 mph! I had my Garmin Forerunner in the car, so I turned that on and it was working just fine, so it something going on with the Droid.

Anyone else have issues this morning?

--Bill

Advertisement
  2. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Do you have weatherbug on your phone? That seems to mess up the gps for some people. Pulling the battery out for 60 seconds or so has always corrected it when I couldn't get a signal.

3. vico512

vico512 Member

I posted in this forum about a similar event yesterday, where the Droid showed me first in Idaho, then in Billings, MT, in each case traveling at a high rate of speed (I'm in Seattle). Later in the day, it showed my correct location, although it took a long time to acquire a lock-on. And, yes, I do have Weatherbug installed -- might be the culprit....?

4. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Weatherbug may just be a coincidence, but I've seen a couple people say their gps started working after uninstalling it.

5. bigbill25

Interesting... I don't have Weatherbug installed. I'll see what happens latter today, I suppose!

--Bill

6. Dabrador

Dabrador Well-Known Member

7. bigbill25

Interesting thread, Dabrador...

Just went out for lunch and it worked just fine. Frustrating... Seems like we can't rely on the Droid as a true Garmin replacement yet.

--Bill

8. bekonstructive

bekonstructive New Member

I've found that I can't get a GPS lock if I'm in the car and it's traveling at freeway speeds (~50mph or higher). However if the car comes to a stop or city driving speeds it will lock on my location quickly every time. Has anyone else noticed this?