Droid Hanging Up in CallSupport

Last Updated:

1. bronowyn

bronowyn Member This Topic's Starter

In two phone calls on the droid i adjusted slightly, and i've hung up on the caller. Don't know if there's any solution to this because I know you take the phone away from your head to hang up... maybe my face is too small or something... registering as a "screen on". Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

Could be an issue with your sensor. Does the screen turn off with the phone next to your face like it should? If not I would probably head on over to the Verizon store to get it checked out.

3. bronowyn

Yes, I noticed it turning on/turning off (I tested it out...)... I'm not sure what the typical sensor space is between the face and the display coming on/off.

I really don't want to have to return it...

4. gregbridwell

gregbridwell Well-Known Member

This just happened to me today...it seems to be hyper sensitive to me. It comes on really easily. Hung up on my brother 3 times in one conversation.

5. bronowyn

Too bad we can't reassign a button to be "end" on the phone... unless there's an app for that?

Still happens to me occasionally. I think I have a small oval face, so the gaps of my head are turning the sensor to "turn on screen".

6. gregbridwell

gregbridwell Well-Known Member

I wish I was more of a blockhead...