Droid has insomnia...

Last Updated:

1. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Droid frequently refuses to stay asleep! The screen will go black when I press the top button, but often it will just flash right back on. Sometimes when it's just sitting on my desk, supposedly asleep, the screen will pop on. I'll hit the top button again, and it will go black, then back on a few seconds later. I have to keep doing it over and over sometimes to keep it sleeping.

This is somewhat new (last couple of weeks). I have not recently changed ROMs. I'm running LFY 1.6 with LauncherPro.

Any thoughts / suggestions on fixes?

I did some searches before posting... I found a thread about the sleep button not working, but my button does work. The phone just won't stay asleep sometimes.

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

you sure it is not some kind of indicators trying to get your attention: email, text message, talk, chat, calendar, alarm

3. Amrov

I thought of that, but when I look at the screen, there's no alert. Not even anything in the top notification bar. The screen just pops on. I've really puzzled over what could be causing this... I just put it to sleep just now after clearing every conceivable notification and it just popped back on. No alerts anywhere though.

4. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

Any new apps or changes prior to this starting? Updates or anything?

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Hmmm, if it is not a notification, then check to see if an app is trying to keep the main screen on - like the setting for when your phone is charging / connected via USB to your computer.

6. Amrov

I never could figure out what was causing this. But the issue was trumped the next day when some kind of vampire app sucked my phone dry from 90% to nothing overnight (no idea how long it actually took, but less than 8 hours) with no use. I turned off every app that looked nonessential. I think it might have been some kind of endless calendar syncing malfunction. When I deactivated calendar entirely, the problems stopped and battery life zoomed up. Could go all day with light use and maybe consume 20%. I might mention that this occurred right after I upgraded to LFY 1.7, but I don't blame LFY b/c once I deactivated calendar, all was terrific. (Whew -- I was convinced for a while that the phone was toast and I was going to have to unroot and send it in.)

Meanwhile, the random insomnia keeps cropping up from time to time. I know one sure fire way to make it happen is if I set the phone on top of my Blackberry, but I understand that one (magnet in my Blackberry case is waking up my phone).

I appreciate the responses... if I figure out anything more, I'll post.