• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

droid has tough display

well sure, it's possible to scratch. it's not made out of diamond. :) but it's cool that they put in the extra effort to make it more difficult to damage.

edit: i've had my screen unprotected since launch day. i carry it in my pocket, and not a single scratch yet. i don't keep it in the same pocket as my keys though.

Upvote 0
Gorilla Glass Demonstration on Vimeo

Maybe if you had a free weekend and Mjǫllnir, hammer of Thor, you could crack Corning's Gorilla Glass. But that's a made-up thing! And this stuff is impervious to the very real threats of key scratching and localized pressure.

Gorilla Glass is an unscratchable, unshatterable material used as a protective window for your mobile phone, PMP, or laptop display. It's in 65 products already, and I can assure you that the very nice man from Corning is not faking it. Your intrepid reporter also gave this several tries with all his blogger strength, and couldn't make a dent. I was, however, able to scratch the heck out of some polycarbonate.

http://gizmodo.com/5443146/gorilla-glass-hands-on-unbreakable

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones