DROID In 2 Weeks - How much and which protection?

Last Updated:

1. Popocub

Popocub New Member This Topic's Starter

I'll finally be picking up my Droid next month and I can't decide which company to go with to protect my phone. I'll be using both the multimedia station and car mount so any protection I use must work with those.

I was considering Zagg but I've been hearing a few bad things about that lately. Ghost Armour and PhantomSkinz were the other two companies who seemed to pop up the most. I would love to to hear from you guys on what you consider to be the best protection I can get for my Droid.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. DarthSkirata

DarthSkirata Member

Just get Verizon's Total Equipment Coverage. It covers everything and your worst case scenario is $90 for a replacement phone if your gets trashed.

3. hockeyfreakb4

hockeyfreakb4 Well-Known Member

i went with old stand by Trojan ;)

4. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

I go naked since it's easiest when using the docks. My screen has been fine (go gorilla glass!) and overall the outer casing is holding up well, although I do have just a couple of little nicks, which I feel add to the "tough" look of the phone ;)

5. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Total coverage insurance $7.99 a month from Verizon through Insurion or whatever works just fine. I use the Verizon rubberized snap on case, it's been perfect so far.

6. admorris

admorris Well-Known Member

Phantom Skinz here and I love it. Besides a little added protection, it also helps a lot with fingerprints and oil smudges. The metal on the sides seems to take more of a beating than the screen from what I understand...that is without any kind of protection.

However, it IS just a phone...not the end of the world if it gets a scratch here and there.

7. AzJazz

AzJazz Well-Known Member

After seeing the results from a poll I started yesterday (here), I probably wouldn't have spent the money on screen protection. Approximately 97% of the respondents had little or no issues with screen damage, even after some folks keeping their Droids in their pockets.

8. proginski

proginski Active Member

I use BodyGuardz on mine. I got the full protection and love it. Took about an hour to get on but now you can't even tell it is there. I haven't found any difference on using the screen with or without it.

Phil

9. buldogr1

buldogr1 New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum but saw this thread and thought I'd add my .02...I have the Verizon case and no screen protector. Before I bought the Droid, I researched and most threads said no need for a protector with this kind of screen. one even used a key to try and scratch it and it is amazing. Yes, there are fingerprints but easily wiped off with a cloth.

10. Zeabrid

Zeabrid Active Member

Zagg Invisiblesheild. Zero issues, no worries. I'd rather have it on and not have to worry than just expect the glass to be fine.