Droid In-Car Multitasking

Last Updated:

1. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just some observations after a 30-mile trip on the freeway, running Maps with Traffic Layer and Pandora through an FM transmitter into my car's radio. I even took a call on my BT headset. Flawless performance all around (2.0.1 and newest version of Maps). This kind of stuff impresses me (I could care less if the icons are black or blue or the new lock screen has a curvy or straight path). So, the Garmin is going into the drawer for good, and XM will not be renewed next year . . . :cool:

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

you forgot to check your email, sent texts, and browse the web! ...and you call yourself a multitasker!

3. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

what a ball buster...rofl...

4. Tek34

Tek34 Active Member

I don't think people have seen anything yet from talking or texting and while driving until more of these multitasking touch screen smartphones get out there. Then its really going to be dangerous to drive.

But I agree, between Pandora and my Podcast apps, I don't know if I will need to renew my Sirius sat radio next time around... unless of course they create an app for it.

5. Wakey

Wakey Well-Known Member

I listen to podcasts or Pandora while driving and if needed, the navigation. It all works awesome and I never miss a call.

Google Listen has been AWESOME! :D

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

+1 for Google Listen - love it.

I posted a while back about using nav, Pandora/Slacker, and calls while on a trip. I also downloaded and installed a couple apps while on the freeway - new capabilities on the fly.

Multi-everything is cool...

7. CookieMomster

CookieMomster Well-Known Member

Magellan is not going to get an update, probably ever again. I was wondering about the radio stuff since I only listen to news and podcasts if I might do some research and dump sirius. Since I haven't begun to look into the radio apps yet, if anyone has a suggestion for one that would get news channels I would be open to the recommendation.

8. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As Dirty Harry once said, "a man should know his limitations . . ." I do, and draw the line at listening and an occasional glance at the map to see the traffic indicators while driving. . . :D

9. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Try droid live lite or aoradio.

Also web based option at moodio fm