droid incredible best buy questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. IncrediblyCool

IncrediblyCool Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have an env touch and i want a droid inc. i have 2 yr. contract on a family plan with 2 other people. im 5 months into my plan :( and want to change it. can i cancel my contract for the ETF fee and not cancel the whole family plan, my sister and nana's contracts still be active? then can i buy the inc. and add my line back with a new contract? i want to get the inc now but it is not available, if they have 1 at best buy can i get one there and just pay 200 or do i have to cancel my contract and add the line back if thats possible? can i do this at best buy(cancelling contract). thanks for your help

Advertisement
  2. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Use one of the other people's upgrades if they have one available. : )

3. IncrediblyCool

IncrediblyCool Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

none available, can i cancel just my plan and make a new one and add back on

4. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

You should just call up support or go into the store and ask.

Sometimes you can, sometimes you cant, and this forum most likely may not provide you with a definitively correct answer.

5. Contempt

Contempt Well-Known Member

I had a Verizon rep move my upgrade date up 3 months. I just called them and bent the truth a little bit.

6. suzlyn

suzlyn Well-Known Member

Just add a new line for $9.99. You can do that, then add your number to the new line and switch the new number they give you to the old line your not using. Much cheaper that way. My sister did that.

She did it at an authorized verizon dealer store and not best buy though. It was their suggestion to do it that way to get the discounted price.

7. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

you best bet is to probably buy it outright. Becuase i know on some carriers if you cancel they wont give you service again for so many months.
    And etf 175 cost of new inc 200 + new act maybe 36.
    total 400
    new inc no contract 529

I do believe you can cancel one line and just make another the primary but like i said not sure if they will let you open another line.