Droid Incredible DubaiGeneral

Last Updated:

1. procrastination

procrastination Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Sorry for the dumb question. I asked this question in the N1 forum and I am pretty sure I know the answer for the Incredible too, but I wanted to make sure. I am currently holding out for a new Verizon device. My company is turning off our BB Server on the 30th of April so I am being pressed REALLY hard to pick out a new device.

I am planning a trip to Dubai later this year. A friend of mine told me that my Verizon phone will be worthless as soon as I leave the US. Is this true of the Droid Incredible?

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question and if this counts as a double post.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

Yes, that's correct, almost all Verizon phones can't be used outside the US.

There are a few exceptions, like the BlackBerry Storm, which you can put a SIM card into, but the Incredible won't have this option.

Your best bet if you're going to be there a while is to get a cheap phone with no contract that can take worldwide SIM cards.

3. procrastination

procrastination Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks - I found out yesterday that I will have a second phone which my company will forward all my calls to while I am there. No big deal.

The good news is that they approved my Droid Incredible purchase.

That is fantastic.