1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Incredible- FREEZING UP!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Nia07

Nia07 Member

I got it 4-29 and all way great. Now freezing up ALL THE TIME!! It doesnt matter what I am doing.. it just freezes!It gets stuck on Incredible HTC white screen. It will only start back up if I keep the battery out for at least 5 mins. This happened all day Sunday and I went to exchange for a new one... NO ONE has them in stock. Got it at BestBuy abd they have me on a list. Went to VZ Wireless and he did a "factory default" restart, but it is still happening. They had 0 replacements nor any to order for me. Now I have to chase them for a new one.

Anyone else Freezig up?

Advertisement
  2. ju1c3

ju1c3 Well-Known Member

i had it happening to me too, it was an update to a file app that started to kill my phone. astro file manager i think. removed the sd card, booted and removed the app and everything works fine now
  3. Nia07

Nia07 Member

Set to factory so no apps and still freezing :(
  4. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Looks like it's time to get it replaced. I have about 40 apps running, no problemo.
  5. Nia07

Nia07 Member

waiting for a replacement :(
  6. dplpilot

dplpilot New Member

Mine is freezing on the HTC white screen as well now. No recent app installs, just a few upgrades to existing. Freezing is totally random....and battery get HOT during freeze up.
  7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

After a number of weeks following the problems people are having on their Incredibles and realizing that a good number of them are app compatibility problems which is to be expected to some degree, I am beginning to suspect the crappy batteries that come with these phones as the culprit in a lot of the problems people are having. I've noticed now for several years that a number of cell phone companies/wireless carriers tend to sell phones with crappy batteries.. almost every time I get an aftermarket or extended battery for a phone, things (including phone battery life) seem to improve. Maybe just anecdotal I realize, but "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it" :p
  8. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The freezing and heating up is caused by the CPU constantly working to do.. something.. It could be looking for something, or a process (like an auto task killer) could have the phone in a constant loop.. Try a factory reset if you can't get in. If you can get the phone started, remove any task killers.
  9. Mischka7

Mischka7 Well-Known Member

Did you get your replacement yet? I was told I might be able to get a replacement at the end of next month. Good thing my phone actually works, albeit a bit wacky.