Droid Incredible Froyo 2.2- problem with stuck SMS messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. rc111

rc111 New Member This Topic's Starter

As I was clearing my entire inbox, someone texted me at exact same time. Now that message is stuck and will not go away. It will start randomly streaming in my notification bar, and at the bottom of the unlock screen. When I click on the person's contact information, it always shows I have a new SMS message from them. If you attempt to click it to read it, it just says "loading" forever. Also, when I receive a text it will show that I have 2 new texts since that other one is stuck there and technically still "new" since I can't click it. This has been there for days. I tried restarting the phone, I tried taking the battery out, I tried some program called SMS cleaner.. that thing will NOT go away. I've received texts at the same time I was clearing them with 2.1 but I never had this problem until the upgrade to Froyo. Anyone know how to get rid of it or will I need to do a hard reset?

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

If you have not done a "post ota factory wipe", then yes I would just do the factory reset. If you have though, this is actually one of the times I would call VZW and ask them about this.

3. kaymae

kaymae New Member

same thing happened to me... but it is a message that I do NOT want anyone else to see...lol but there it is .. it pops up one the alert/menu bar at the top of the display whenever I get a new message or try to delete a message. If you figure out how to fix it please let me kinow...:eek:

4. simojayn

simojayn New Member

Hi, I had the same problem and deleted all of my texts in sms then created a new message but didn't send it, I saved it as a draft then went into SMS and hit the menu button then the Delete threads button and select all at the top click on OK and this fixed my rogue message.

Cheers

Simon

alin4alin likes this.
  5. KyleJ1012

KyleJ1012 Active Member

6. alin4alin

alin4alin New Member

it worked for me
    samsung gio gt s5660
    gingerbread 2.3.3