• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible is TINY compared to Evo...

Yes, you are right and that is one of the reasons I decided to stay with the indredible. It packs so much into such a small package. The EVO is too big in my opinion. I don't want to have to lug around that much phone 24/7. I have very large hands and the incredible types well for my and is a good one handed phone. I would say the feel of the phone is one of its biggest attributes. I considered the EVO, but sprint in my area is a non starter.

Upvote 0
Yes, you are right and that is one of the reasons I decided to stay with the indredible. It packs so much into such a small package. The EVO is too big in my opinion. I don't want to have to lug around that much phone 24/7. I have very large hands and the incredible types well for my and is a good one handed phone. I would say the feel of the phone is one of its biggest attributes. I considered the EVO, but sprint in my area is a non starter.

Quick question, why are you in the Evo forum? I'm just wondering I mean no harm. Just interested to know.

@OP I thought the same thing. That bad boy looks like a kids phone. JMO

Upvote 0
This thread is being monitored by me, and I won't hesitate to crumple it into the trash can.

Everybody has opinions on the two devices, and everybody is allowed to voice them within reason :)
Please don't turn it into anything more than that.

Edit: Not pointed at anybody in particular. But when you call out something about another device, whether iPhone, Incredible, or Hero, people are going to be passionate in each direction.

Upvote 0
This thread is being monitored by me, and I won't hesitate to crumple it into the trash can.

Everybody has opinions on the two devices, and everybody is allowed to voice them within reason :)
Please don't turn it into anything more than that.

Edit: Not pointed at anybody in particular. But when you call out something about another device, whether iPhone, Incredible, or Hero, people are going to be passionate in each direction.

Well put. I'm a mod on a large iPhone forum and I often have to remind folks that opinions are allowed (within reason). Some people have a difficult time grasping that simple concept. :)

Upvote 0
My biggest gripe with Android phone is the width of the screen, they were all too skinny and it makes the keyboard hard to type on.

The EVO fixes this. The keyboard is a dream to type on. :D

EVO screen is something I always longed for, everytime I got a new phone I would look at it and think to myself if they could just make this thing all screen, it would be the same size and be so freaking incredible. I don't need a trackball or a huge home button I just want a big screen in a similiar sized phone.

When I first saw the EVO I was amazed finally someone has done what i've always longed for. This was enough to get me to ditch t-mobile after 15 years and switch to Sprint LOL It's really nice went in and looked at the dummy phones the EVO is very slightly bigger than my Nexus One which I always felt was too small, ended up buying a case to make it bigger/easier to hold and the Nexus looks pitiful side by side with the EVO and they are virtually identical in size just the EVO has a huge screen that I love to death!

Can't wait for my EVO to get here!

Upvote 0
I really like the evo size. My wife though, being 5'3" is hopefully going to be ok with it. I showed her the TP2 dummy phone or whatever the equiv was called and she was like "Oh its not that much bigger than the iphone" so it sounds like it'll be ok.

If its a problem though and she doesn't care about the cost different (she does the finances) then i'll go with the incredible.

Theres just no point to go with the incredible if the size of the device isn't a big deal.

Upvote 0

My wife loved the size of the phone, she thought it was kind of small though...but she's used to handling big things. Maybe your Incredible feels better to you because you're used to working with smaller things.

If Sprint is bad in your area, I would definitely go with the Incredible. The Incredible is an excellent phone.

Reactions: kali kid 619
Upvote 0
LOL!!! I like when she said this: Oh its not that much bigger

I really like the evo size. My wife though, being 5'3" is hopefully going to be ok with it. I showed her the TP2 dummy phone or whatever the equiv was called and she was like "Oh its not that much bigger than the iphone" so it sounds like it'll be ok.

If its a problem though and she doesn't care about the cost different (she does the finances) then i'll go with the incredible.

Theres just no point to go with the incredible if the size of the device isn't a big deal.

Upvote 0
Am I perverted???
My wife loved the size of the phone, she thought it was kind of small though...but she's used to handling big things. Maybe your Incredible feels better to you because you're used to working with smaller things.

If Sprint is bad in your area, I would definitely go with the Incredible. The Incredible is an excellent phone.

Reactions: nikkihp79
Upvote 0
Quick question, why are you in the Evo forum? I'm just wondering I mean no harm. Just interested to know.

@OP I thought the same thing. That bad boy looks like a kids phone. JMO

I am an Incredible owner, and I enjoy coming to the EVO forums for all the excitement around a new device. No one else around me seems to share my excitement with electronic devices, so I come here to get my fix.

It reminds me a lot of the time on the Incredible forums before release, with everyone clamoring over a new review. Heck, we even had users get the phone a week early like some got their EVO's early, and everyone was hounding them for impressions and how awesome it was really.

See, we're not that different, you and I.

We both will be sporting awesome phones with what I consider the best OS out there.

But I will admit, that is a mighty fine sized screen you have there!

Upvote 0
I'm an Incredible user and before anyone asks, I'm here because my dad is interested in the EVO. The reason he is interested is because of the size of the screen he had an accident a while back and damaged his right orbital socket and now suffers from double vision in his right eye, the only way to prevent that is for him to look down past his cheek and the INC. proved to be too small for him to really adjust to and so with that I introduced him to the big boy of the Android family and he feels the screen will be perfect for him ( didn't go for the jitterbug I suggested though ;) )). For myself though, I like the EVO, just a bit too big for pocketability, say what you will but having my INC in my pocket is hardly noticable, and I came from a Storm 1. Lesson is we are all Android users first and foremost, I advertise more for android than I do anything else when I whip out the INC, and don't forget it's us against apple ;)

p.s.
Counting my Dad, I've converted 2 people to EVO's (because they are stuck with Sprint) and 0 to the INC. (mostly because my friends are Apple fanboys)

Reactions: nikkihp79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones