• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Droid Incredible Lounge::.

This should be proof for the folks that didn't get the card originally.

vztvd4.png

Yup, and about an hour after I got this email this morning, FedEx delivered a box containing the 2GB card!!! VZW not only paid for the card ($12.99 per their paperwork), but they overnighted it to me as well!! Kudos to VZW!!!!

(Not that I needed it)

Upvote 0
Decided to get the Verizon branded plastic protector (good enough) and bought a Zagg Invisible Shield at Best Buy (gift card from work). The Zagg seems pretty good. The fact that it's not as smooth as the screen was doesn't bug me but will those tiny air bubble go away? I know the box says so and I was not going to pay $7 for Best buy to "install" it.

So far so good. Anyone know when the 2350 (or 2300 maybe) extended battery is coming out?

Upvote 0
So I have a battery widget, I unplug my phone from charging and 10th mins later it went from 100 to 90 percent. I have gps, wifi, Bluetooth all turned off and screen on middle brightness. Wtf? Help someone! What's eating my battery?
Welcome to the 'wonderful' world of woefully inadequate batteries supplied with the phone. Been an ongoing problem with some of these HTC phones, better look into the extended battery when it's available.

Upvote 0
Anyone have the link for the car chargers from the old forum? I was told that my BB car charger would work, but it is a larger fitting.

BB ones won't work, they are mini's, DI uses micro usb's. Luckily I have several of VZW micro usb chargers laying around the house, wall and car chargers, so I'm set. :)

Upvote 0
BB ones won't work, they are mini's, DI uses micro usb's. Luckily I have several of VZW micro usb chargers laying around the house, wall and car chargers, so I'm set. :)

my tour was a micro usb, i assume that the bolds and new curves are micro as well, so they may work.....i know my usb data cable from my tour works, because i ahve used it, cant say on the ac adapter or car charger, though...but come to think of it th car charger is just a vzw one, so it should work...

Upvote 0
Please keep the comments coming because I'm about 90% ready to get this phone but want more imput from you "beta testers." :) How about the oled screen in sunlight/bright light? Much worse than LCD or about the same? I realize a phone with a fast cpu running a dense OS is going to eat the battery, but I'd be interested in the length of standby time. Any reception probs/dropped calls in areas where you had no such problems with your previous phone?

Also comparisons from former Moto Droid/Eris users would help. I have a LG Dare and ready to move to a smartphone, and have played with RIM, Win, Palm, and Android phones for hours trying to decide. I've pretty much decided on Android because I it fairly intuitive and has a solid future.

Upvote 0
so far everything on the incredible is the same as my droid was just with this sense stuff that i dont really notice since all im really paying attention to is androids UI. i trashed everything that was already loaded up on my screens upon booting up my phone. the battery life is ehhh, it survived a night at work but tonight will be the true test. i missed the sound that was produced by the droids speakers when playing pandora compared to htc lil ones...

it is indeed fast but im hyped to see what updates are to come

Upvote 0
Please keep the comments coming because I'm about 90% ready to get this phone but want more imput from you "beta testers." :) How about the oled screen in sunlight/bright light? Much worse than LCD or about the same? I realize a phone with a fast cpu running a dense OS is going to eat the battery, but I'd be interested in the length of standby time. Any reception probs/dropped calls in areas where you had no such problems with your previous phone?

Also comparisons from former Moto Droid/Eris users would help. I have a LG Dare and ready to move to a smartphone, and have played with RIM, Win, Palm, and Android phones for hours trying to decide. I've pretty much decided on Android because I it fairly intuitive and has a solid future.

it actually does pretty well on standby. ill check back a every couple of hours to kill some apps that might be running in the background.

despite the appearance of low bars i have yet to experience a dropped call.

yeah oled screen is pretty shitty when the sun is literally beaming on it. but i did it on purpose to see how much i could actually see but on the most part i just turned up the brightness and it was all good within a few feet from my waist. its all good with being that im rarely out in the day

Upvote 0
I got mine today!! awesome, love it.. i'm a little upset that vanilla android can support multiple exchange accounts and apparently the sense one doesn't, but who knows, maybe when they get some roms cooked, they'll be able to merge the accounts.

ok, so just for anyone that hasn't gotten their incredible yet, if you go to best buy, you can use the instant rebate to get the 199 price, but they won't let you use your NE2.. buuuuut, you can call verizon cs and have the ne2 applied towards your account, which was fine with me ;-) overall, still got my phone for 99 bucks ;-)

Upvote 0
Does every Incredible ship with music and pictures already loaded onto the phone? I just mounted my phone to my desktop to copy over some music....and looking at the disk i can see there are 7 folders of music in the MP3 folder as well as several pictures in the DCIM folder...
The music is dated april 17th and the pictures are Feb 8th...

Upvote 0
Have to return for an exchange today )-:

I am in a similar state. Wife and I both upgraded, mine definitely has tracking problems in the center of the screen. I cannot press R in portrait mode or Y in landscape mode.

I downloaded the multitouch test program, and you can see it pop when you move across center ice, and it will swap red and blue if you dance in a circle.

Called Verizon last night and the guy told me to go into a store to get it fixed. So I went in today, they are out of stock (the whole district apparently). They told me to call Verizon! Fortunately this time they are shipping me a replacement.

Unfortunately the problem is getting worse.. occasionally it will start doing the home screen pinch to zoom thing over and over completely on its own or not respond to touch input. It is driving me crazy.

Now the wait (again) until next Tuesday for my replacement...

Upvote 0
Well guys I love my incredible!!! It is soooo sweet. The one thing that makes the phone even sweeter is the fact that I am the biggest geek on the block. I work in IT at a hospital and was able to one-up all the guys in the IT dept....HAHAHAHA The geek girl wins!!!! They are all so jealous. They come by my cube or stop me in the hall going..I heard you got an incredible..please can I see it. HEEHEE I am quite protective of "Bond" (James Bond - think Sean Connery, so sexy and bald). Off to play......:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones