1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Droid Incredible Optical Joystick Speed

1. gagz135

gagz135 Member

Let me preface this by saying that I just unrooted my phone and downgraded from Froyo, so I'm not interesting in rooting again if that's the only solution that you have.

Is there a setting to adjust the speed at which the cursor (in text boxes, emails, sms, etc) scrolls through each letter? It seems the fast I move my finger across it, the slower it moves, but the slower I move my finger the faster in moves. Is there a setting I can adjust? I compare this to choosing how fast the cursor on your PC moves when you move your mouse.

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement
  2. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

No option to change it. Did you notice it seems faster with Froyo when you had? I am running froyo and I did notice it seems a lot faster then stock.. maybe just my mind playing tricks tho.
  3. gagz135

gagz135 Member

No you're definitely right. It was MUCH quicker with Froyo. I just downgraded and unrooted to get the OTA soon. Most likely not today (i'm not an idiot)...but soon!
  4. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

it works a lot better in froyo
  5. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 Active Member

I find of you use your finger instead of your finger tip, it moves along nicely. It has sort of a mouse acceleration affect. So use the flat part of your thumb. Try it out.
  6. LaCeS OuT

LaCeS OuT Well-Known Member

Froyo definitely made the Trackball easier to use, and faster.
  7. omshivashankara

omshivashankara Well-Known Member

I agree with other comments - froyo makes the joystick much faster and easier to use.