Droid Incredible Optical Joystick SpeedSupport

Last Updated:

1. gagz135

gagz135 Member

Let me preface this by saying that I just unrooted my phone and downgraded from Froyo, so I'm not interesting in rooting again if that's the only solution that you have.

Is there a setting to adjust the speed at which the cursor (in text boxes, emails, sms, etc) scrolls through each letter? It seems the fast I move my finger across it, the slower it moves, but the slower I move my finger the faster in moves. Is there a setting I can adjust? I compare this to choosing how fast the cursor on your PC moves when you move your mouse.

Thanks everyone!

2. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

No option to change it. Did you notice it seems faster with Froyo when you had? I am running froyo and I did notice it seems a lot faster then stock.. maybe just my mind playing tricks tho.
  3. gagz135

gagz135 Member

No you're definitely right. It was MUCH quicker with Froyo. I just downgraded and unrooted to get the OTA soon. Most likely not today (i'm not an idiot)...but soon!
  4. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

it works a lot better in froyo
  5. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 Active Member

I find of you use your finger instead of your finger tip, it moves along nicely. It has sort of a mouse acceleration affect. So use the flat part of your thumb. Try it out.
  6. LaCeS OuT

LaCeS OuT Well-Known Member

Froyo definitely made the Trackball easier to use, and faster.
  7. omshivashankara

omshivashankara Well-Known Member

I agree with other comments - froyo makes the joystick much faster and easier to use.